• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started my permie job today. Every single part of it is even worse than I could have even imagined. They're making us log our daily tasks and how long we spend on each one. In addition to a monthly performance review until probation is over. The corporate systems are trash and my temporary manager is a massive micromanager, emails every 30 mins.

The alternative? Universal credit. It's genuinely a tough choice choosing between the two right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Tech Project Manager 12 Month Contract £125 Per Day

Hi GOT

I am currently looking for a Tech Project Manager to start ASAP for a 1 year contract ( Outside of IR35).
      Ideally looking for someone who is Mid level.

This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to make a huge impact within a rapidly growing start-up. They have an incredible company culture offering flexible working hours and a fun and energetic team environment.

You will be working closely with the Tech and Marketing team! You will be running sprints, working on Jira Ticketing etc

Please get in touch with your latest CV if you are interested interviews will be as early as tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Maybe you need to remove "slashed costs" and "saved customers £ thousands" from your CV?

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
        Started my permie job today. Every single part of it is even worse than I could have even imagined. They're making us log our daily tasks and how long we spend on each one. In addition to a monthly performance review until probation is over. The corporate systems are trash and my temporary manager is a massive micromanager, emails every 30 mins.

The alternative? Universal credit. It's genuinely a tough choice choosing between the two right now.
        Sorry to hear that - psychologically, it's no joke when you're used to being self-sufficient. A few years ago I had to set a client straight about our relationship - partly to keep the IR35 dragons at bay, partly because I just can't handle being, well, managed any more to be honest. I've become way too used to operating as a genuine consultant and I sincerely fear having to go permie again.

The last permie job I took I realised my mistake immediately on getting the contract. Stuck it for the mandatory 12 months, then I was gone. Good luck, though dude - poverty is no joke either and any port right now.

Comment

[...]a fun and energetic team environment.[...]
          Surely that is enough to go and do it for even £25pd.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Sorry to hear that - psychologically, it's no joke when you're used to being self-sufficient. A few years ago I had to set a client straight about our relationship - partly to keep the IR35 dragons at bay, partly because I just can't handle being, well, managed any more to be honest. I've become way too used to operating as a genuine consultant and I sincerely fear having to go permie again.

The last permie job I took I realised my mistake immediately on getting the contract. Stuck it for the mandatory 12 months, then I was gone. Good luck, though dude - poverty is no joke either and any port right now.
            I lasted 4 months before giving my 1 month notice (and nicked their client).

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post

Sounds like more of a problem of company than perm v contract.

Comment

Hi GOT

I am currently looking for a Tech Project Manager to start ASAP for a 1 year contract ( Outside of IR35).

This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to make a huge impact within a rapidly growing start-up. They have an incredible company culture offering flexible working hours and a fun and energetic team environment.

You will be working closely with the Tech and Marketing team! You will be running sprints, working on Jira Ticketing etc

Please get in touch with your latest CV if you are interested interviews will be as early as tomorrow.
                Outside IR35. Got to find the positives

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I lasted 4 months before giving my 1 month notice (and nicked their client).
                  Ever feel like you've been broken

Comment

Hi GOT

Kind Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

WelCome To YouR Doom!!!! (sega)

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                      I'm the IT Director.... if I get offshored, who else is left?
                      Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                      Middle managers including it directors often get hit first .
                      When I say IT Director, I'm talking about the person who is leading the whole technology function. In my experience, I've never come across an organisation that would outsource that role.

What sort of organisations would?

Comment

Working...
                      X