• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    Can you give more details on the free Azure subs? I'm learning Azure now and would love some more free Azure credits because I've already used my free trial.
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    They're not "free" you pay an annual fee and get monthly credit as part of the package

LM is correct, you can subscribe to the MS Action Pack (£450 per year I think) and you get $100/£75 pm to play with in Azure.

I am Silver Partner so I pay £1500 per year and the Azure amount doesn't go up so not sure what I am paying for really.

You can get the Visual Studio subs and I think that gets you £25 per month all for free, but this may have changed.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      LM is correct, you can subscribe to the MS Action Pack (£450 per year I think) and you get $100/£75 pm to play with in Azure.

I am Silver Partner so I pay £1500 per year and the Azure amount doesn't go up so not sure what I am paying for really.

You can get the Visual Studio subs and I think that gets you £25 per month all for free, but this may have changed.

qh
      £350 for the Action Pack. I've just renewed mine...

Comment

Triple Whammy

State of the market from my perspective.... I work in Travel / Aviation / Rail

Triple Whammy:

IR35
        CORONAVIRUS
        FLYBE GOING BUST

and that is on top of the BREXIT effect....

Have been itching to refuse extension to current contract in Belgium but in light of circumstances I will have to accept, the alternative option of taking a lower rate in an alternative industry doesn't seem to be possible - I have been looking for a new role for a full year now.
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

So I’ve seen multiple (and I mean 10+) job ads for the same job listed as outside IR35 with similar wordings on the headline for the job.

So I submit my CV to all and get a response back from one of them, which when spoken to on the phone claims that the role is inside IR35. They assure me of the same when they send me a link of the ad from their website which labels it as nothing IR35 related just the ‘job title’.

What’s going on here, why are countless agencies advertising this as outside (looks like numerous copies and pastes from multiple agencies piggybacking off one another) and the one I get into contact with says actually it’s an inside gig...

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
            State of the market from my perspective.... I work in Travel / Aviation / Rail

Triple Whammy:

IR35
            CORONAVIRUS
            FLYBE GOING BUST

and that is on top of the BREXIT effect....

Have been itching to refuse extension to current contract in Belgium but in light of circumstances I will have to accept, the alternative option of taking a lower rate in an alternative industry doesn't seem to be possible - I have been looking for a new role for a full year now.
            Just a year ??

I know good people coming up for 18 months on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Also the general quiet before the new financial year?
              Permietractor (probably)

Comment

After about 8-10 weeks of rejecting Inside and Perm roles, I have buckled under and accepted a 5 month Inside role direct with the client (one of the *very* big ). Looks like my recent certification also played a key role in securing it.

They have given me 2 rates

1. £n + 20% (approx) if through umbrella
                2. £n (after 20% approx deduction) if I use my Ltd, I am yet to get clarity on those deductions

Would appreciate if someone could point me to sources/links to understand how it is to be invoiced (through LTD), should I add VAT on the invoice etc?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                  After about 8-10 weeks of rejecting Inside and Perm roles, I have buckled under and accepted a 5 month Inside role direct with the client (one of the *very* big ). Looks like my recent certification also played a key role in securing it.

They have given me 2 rates

1. £n + 20% (approx) if through umbrella
                  2. £n (after 20% approx deduction) if I use my Ltd, I am yet to get clarity on those deductions

Would appreciate if someone could point me to sources/links to understand how it is to be invoiced (through LTD), should I add VAT on the invoice etc?
                  Use the umbrella - it's just less painful - deemed payments are about the most awkward way of doing things and the umbrella allows salary sacrifice into a pension if you can afford it.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Use the umbrella - it's just less painful - deemed payments are about the most awkward way of doing things and the umbrella allows salary sacrifice into a pension if you can afford it.
                    Thanks @eek. Is Umbrella still a better choice if we take pension out of the equation? I don't have pension fund, rather my investment has been in properties.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Just a year ??

I know good people coming up for 18 months on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      ouch!
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X