• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no idea mate, no context provided by Paul Murphy at the FT so none passed on.

I believe it is total UK Job adverts, all types, all professions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
      no idea mate, no context provided by Paul Murphy at the FT so none passed on.

I believe it is total UK Job adverts, all types, all professions.
      Quite probably, this might explain it a bit more: UK job vacancy adverts fall by 700,000 in the week after Brexit, data shows | Business News | News | The Independent
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm getting lots of emails / linkedin leads. Not looked at the job boards as I'm not hitting the bench for a bit. In London that is.

Comment

Admittedly only being looking for a week but getting nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            I'm getting lots of emails / linkedin leads. Not looked at the job boards as I'm not hitting the bench for a bit. In London that is.
            Got a big increase in fishing calls, around one per day for the past week. Have not had a single one in 6 months. BIG MONEY, GREAT FIT, LONG CONTRACT, WHO IS YOUR CURRENT MANAGER?

Comment

Got my 1st contract offer 10 days ago, starting on Monday. It's in financial services, central London. Development with .NET & related things, £500/d.

I had received another offer in Buckinghamshire, at the same time, £300/d but turned it down because the commute was not great, and rate lower.

In general I thought moving from Perm to Contracting would be more difficult... specially as a foreigner (EU) citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by sog View Post
                Got my 1st contract offer 10 days ago, starting on Monday. It's in financial services, central London. Development with .NET & related things, £500/d.

I had received another offer in Buckinghamshire, at the same time, £300/d but turned it down because the commute was not great, and rate lower.

In general I thought moving from Perm to Contracting would be more difficult... specially as a foreigner (EU) citizen.
                Congrats, why the bold?
                The indigenous population is still in EU and will be for at least 2.5 years, if not forever.
                Do what a white man did to indigenous people in Americas - give them glass beads for £500/d + VAT.
                Last edited by kolata; 8 July 2016, 14:03.

Comment

I meant that I'm from the continent, here in London with a broken English, in the middle of Brexit arguments (whereby half of the voters hate me), and I thought the contract market would be hard for me to get into, but apparently I have a chance.

Comment

I meant that I'm from the continent, here in London with a broken English, in the middle of Brexit arguments (whereby half of the voters hate me), and I thought the contract market would be hard for me to get into, but apparently I have a chance.
                    Eh? I voted for Brexit, and that couldn't be further from the truth from my POV. The Gov't needs to stop messing around with this nonsense on reciprocity and state clearly that the status of all existing EU citizens within the UK is protected.

Comment

Congrats but be careful with your words, there are some xenophobe trolls around here.

Comment

Working...
                      X