• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Tapes? All Fusion IO / SSD Hybrids here Grandad.

qh
    Still need tape for volume, retention and off-site!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Still need tape for volume, retention and off-site!
      I know, I was being sarcastic.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        I know, I was being sarcastic.

qh
        Stek's from Notlob, the M61's still cobbled up there.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Stek's from Notlob, the M61's still cobbled up there.
          Of course it is, horses prefer the cobbles
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Of course it is, horses prefer the cobbles
            And cobbles are future proof. They can easily re-lay them when they decide to install running water, a sewer system and other new fangled stuff.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Plenty of Java dev roles around at the mo, especially in London. I've had to turn down roles, been going direct for a number of years now by sourcing work from my network so not sure how difficult trying to find a gig through an agent is these days though.
              Trust me. Finding a gig through is hard. Now we have dodgy Indian recruitment agencies in the mix or trying to get a foot hold in the UK contract market. In fact, I had call this morning from Uxbridge or Ealing. £380 per day max the fellow quoted for Java developer in London. The average is between £400 and £500 from Itjobwatch. I pretty much ended the conversation there. "But what your last rate?". Agincourt!

Anyway, I digress, how did you build this network of yours SlipTheJab? I think that I really need to start something like your network, however not for my current job search, but for the one after it.

Comment

Calls from these agencies are only going to increase, my current banking client is now looking to get all PM and BA roles through TCS who are unable to resource right candidates. But TCS have already committed to lower rates so they can't supply people at loss and after cheap contractors - nothing new in this except ALL new roles will go to them.

And I know from the calls that I have received at least two other banks have done same (at least partially).

Comment

Originally posted by coe123 View Post
                  Calls from these agencies are only going to increase, my current banking client is now looking to get all PM and BA roles through TCS who are unable to resource right candidates. But TCS have already committed to lower rates so they can't supply people at loss and after cheap contractors - nothing new in this except ALL new roles will go to them.

And I know from the calls that I have received at least two other banks have done same (at least partially).
                  Nothing new, plenty have had a go.

We were told that where I am, they were all so useless they were soon got rid of.
                  I had 6 working with me at one point.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Nothing new, plenty have had a go.

We were told that where I am, they were all so useless they were soon got rid of.
                    I had 6 working with me at one point.
                    Yes, but it takes time. I have 3 useless Indian out-source workers - I am amazed they know how to turn PC on. However in 2 weeks they will be responsible for critical trading system. What can go wrong…

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
                      Yes, but it takes time. I have 3 useless Indian out-source workers - I am amazed they know how to turn PC on. However in 2 weeks they will be responsible for critical trading system. What can go wrong…
                      Indeed.

The funniest thing was we decided we could at least use them to format reports.
                      The state when they had "finished" them was pretty terrible to be frank, everything misaligned, different fonts, sizes and colours the business would have laughed us out of town.

We realised why when we got the guy to share his screen and he was trying to size everything using the mouse, as he didn't realise you could set the column widths via a dialog box.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X