• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CosmicWave View Post
    Unfortunate, isn't it.

More likely the pimp was selling to you a fake job, and he was tracking you for a few days/weeks with empty updates, to see if you end up getting on to something else and he can, in the guise of a chat / updates, check what other roles are going on in the market, so he can steal it.

I have had things like this happen to me too.

Those 3 bolded words go well together, don't they?
    You are aware that clients can be a problem and not everything is the agent's fault?

Comment

Not sure today's announcement about WFH is going to make much difference as most companies seemed to ignore the return to the office request anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
        Not sure today's announcement about WFH is going to make much difference as most companies seemed to ignore the return to the office request anyway.
        Most of the company won't commit to remote. It is "remote for now" or a different wording of that. Salary of course adjusted for it.

It is a sham just to give the impression they are doing something, working conditions are controlled by each employer anyway and I believe in the background there is a coordinated approach not to let employees get used to this wfh.

Conflicting mixed information, spouted out loud and proud seems the policy of todays politics. The actual agenda is pushed silently in the background.

Comment

Just saw a job advert for Adobe (non-IT). It was posted 1 day ago and has 800+ applications already.
          Last edited by sira; 22 September 2020, 14:24.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            I hear from my friend at Lloyd’s (yes my one friend) that 100% of the people that Lloydes converted to perms from contractors (pre Covid) have now been let go,

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Well he's wrong (if he does exist, as you have previous of inventing "friends" in a poor attempt to validate your trolling).

I know of two people at Lloyds who converted from contract to perm and who are still there.

Comment

my policy has become to put the information upfront, legally allowed to work in the UK, available immediately. 55k+OT for remote role with reasonable expectations on site (2-3days/week max) or 75k+OT for central london with on-site policy.
              most of them say they are not looking to pay that.

So I hit them with the GDPR request to delete all my personal held information and a confirmation request.

life is too short to become another corporate stooge and a wagecuck, even 55k in London is low by many standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                Well he's wrong (if he does exist, as you have previous of inventing "friends" in a poor attempt to validate your trolling).

I know of two people at Lloyds who converted from contract to perm and who are still there.
                Cool story Bruv

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                  Just saw a job advert for Adode (non-IT). It was posted 1 day ago and has 800+ applications already.
                  What you need is a bot to submit 800 dummy applications to put everyone else off.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    What you need is a bot to submit 800 dummy applications to put everyone else off.
                    Why would a large organisation do that?

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                      Why would a large organisation do that?
                      It's what you as an applicant need to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X