• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting calls but rates are ridiculous. Plenty of tire kickers. A few applications have landed, but I suspect they are doing the usual trick of interviewing the cheaper candidates first. I reckon we have to get the desperately cheap contractors off the bench first, then maybe in the autumn get gigs fixing their foulups.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Had an interview couple of weeks back 90% of the way to securing the role but they re-spec'd and wanted some different skills which was a shame.

Interviewed last week and 2nd interview today where I found out it wasn't starting next week instead it starts 25th, secured the role and contracts in the pipeline.. few weeks to kill and I worry about how much can change in 3 weeks..

Roles interesting so I'm probably just going to go for it and pray it comes through..

Markets picked up recently in my experience.

Comment

Whilst I just signed a three month extension, still got possibles on the go, one wants me to actually go for a face to face. Not doing that on the off chance and losing a day's pay. Skype in or ship out...

Comment

Just got a nice little 3 dayer down in Saarbrücken which means taking 3 days off of the current one but made sure that I'm going to be well compensated. This should provide me with a foot in the door there as well. In fact, the market here is quite buoyant depending upon what your skills are, naturally. There are 3 of us in the office and we all keep having to go out of the office during the day to talk with agents. Tuesday was quite interesting as we all got calls from different agencies for different positions but all in the same financial service company in Frankfurt (who are expanding...)

Oh yeah, I also have to go to Toronto for 2 weeks for another project later this year

I really think it depends on what your skills are, I know here that it's more techie rather than PM/BA/office type stuff whereas in the UK it seems the other way around.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Now this is first, an agent pretending to be from HSBC called yesterday. Asking usual questions, didn't ask for references (I know he must be very tempted to). But did ask what else going on, and wanted to know his competition. lol.

Comment

I received a call from an agency asking me:

"The market is down or it's only my impression. ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

Did they have problems communicating in the English language too?
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

I actually understand this on but sadly can't see what the point is.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                      And what is this? What kind of openings? Where is the context?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X