• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if people are aware of this one:

https://onlydatajobs.com/ (lists both contract and FT roles).

I chat to the owners of this on LI, seem decent people.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 6 February 2024, 12:39.
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post

Calls from recruiters starting to pick up (and by pick up I mean gone from 0 to 2/3) but none of that has translated into any interviews.

I have a perm offer pretty much in hand from a guy I worked with at a previous client who has since moved on. Money not the best but starting to think something might be better than nothing at this point
      Rather than going full permie, you could look at PAYE FTC roles as well so you get a natural point to reconsider when the contract is coming to an end.

​​

Comment

For those on the bench like me, please do look after yourselves both mentally and physically.

Recruiters and women can both usually sense desperation which is never a good look

For context, I usually do 60-90min of cycling plus a gym session in the evening which gets me out of the house and talking to people.

I remember during COVID, 10mths of searching and I finally got a short term role, I could have honestly burst out crying when it was offered. I had not reliised how being on the bench had affected me.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Not sure if people are aware of this one:

https://onlydatajobs.com/ (lists both contract and FT roles).

I chat to the owners of this on LI, seem decent people.

qh
          The website is broken (It's returning raw XML from the search form). If they want someone to fix it I'm available

Comment

Originally posted by tjccjt01 View Post

The website is broken (It's returning raw XML from the search form). If they want someone to fix it I'm available
            It is working for me. Looks like you need help fixing your system. I am available to fix it

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 14.57.49.png
Views:	550
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	4283960

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

It is working for me. Looks like you need help fixing your system. I am available to fix it

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 14.57.49.png Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	4283960
              "Works on my machine" is never a good response.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 15.11.04.png Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	4283968

Comment

Bit worrying that even zwift are laying people off. This might be due to a massive downturn in the cycling world, it was peaking during COVID years and now the effect is being felt.

Although during winter, it also has an uplift.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post
                  Bit worrying that even zwift are laying people off. This might be due to a massive downturn in the cycling world, it was peaking during COVID years and now the effect is being felt.

Although during winter, it also has an uplift.
                  Might be a case like other tech companies that hired too many new people during Covid based on over optimistic extrapolation of growth from the early part of the pandemic. Now the trends are showing the growth is tailing off.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post

Have you been on the bench since the Summer? Has it been this bad all that time? You must be going mental!
                    I took time off for various personal reasons around Aug/Sept whilst still doing a few days a month for a client. Been looking since start Oct and yes, the market is challenging. And yes, I am going a bit mental now that a few other personal projects I was involved in have ended.

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post
                      For those on the bench like me, please do look after yourselves both mentally and physically.

..., I could have honestly burst out crying when it was offered. I had not reliised how being on the bench had affected me.
                      Originally posted by edison View Post

...And yes, I am going a bit mental now that a few other personal projects I was involved in have ended.
                      It is important to spend time doing things, and with other people. In November I started volunteering at my local food bank. It was literally to write the best before dates on the end of tins of baked beans etc donated by Sainsburys. Even though it is not economically productive work, your subconscious doesn't know that, and your mental health will benefit.
                      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X