• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit negatives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

You are completely wasting your time with Vetran. If he died as a direct result of a Tory policy, his final words would be 'But it would have been worse in the EU or under korbyn'

It would be easier to deprogram a Scientologist.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

it was actually meant as a joke but whoosh!

sadly it seems Parliament is forbidding fair protest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arliament.html

Will Stop Brexit Man FINALLY be silenced? Pro-EU activist Steve Bray is barred from blasting loud music at Parliament under new law banning 'noisy protests'- but he REFUSES to stop
      • The failed Lib Dem parliamentary candidate accused police of harassment
      • Priti Patel's Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act came into force today
      • Bray told he could not conduct a 'noisy protest' within area outside Parliament
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Extreme left wing financial times with their remoaner fiction...
        https://www.ft.com/content/a31b4b8e-...1-3632f194d05a

The country’s current account deficit was calculated at 8.3 per cent of gross domestic product in the first quarter of 2022, a deterioration from an average of 2.6 per cent across all of 2021.

It was the worst figure on record since quarterly balance of payments data was first published in 1955.

The weak performance of UK exports and a surge in imports highlight the economic effects of Brexit.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Some downsides: https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regul...nside-dossier/

Personally, I've never heard of this one but made me laugh although I've had similar to this going from Germany into Switzerland some years ago:

Lap tops. Travellers to the EU who carry a laptop for work purposes will require an ATA carnet to temporarily export their computer and avoid import charges according to advice from the government. A carnet from the London Chambers of Commerce costs £300 + VAT (members £180). To avoid this cost business travellers can, for some goods, use a ‘duplicate list‘ which is more complicated than exporting using an ATA Carnet and requires a list on company stationery plus a completed form C&E1246 with an EORI Number and a customs declaration

or:

Temporary imports: Spanish customs charged a holidaymaker 21% duty (£340) on the value of three e-bikes imported temporarily into Spain. Anyone taking reasonably high-value goods from the UK to the EU is required to declare them and pay any tariffs due. Payment can be avoided by paying for a customs carnet although this would have cost £300 plus VAT.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

How do they know if you're carrying the laptop for work purposes?

I sometimes take my laptop on holiday with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              They look for the Fujitsu sticker with a bar code and asset number at the bottom right hand side of the lid.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

They look for the Fujitsu sticker with a bar code and asset number at the bottom right hand side of the lid.

GPWM

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I sometimes take my laptop on holiday with me.
                  It doesn't matter whether it is for work or not any goods above a certain value need to be declared. Germany allows the import of goods of up to EUR 700 without declaring. Anything above that should be declared. Every country has different rules for non-EU travellers.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Some downsides: https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regul...nside-dossier/

Personally, I've never heard of this one but made me laugh although I've had similar to this going from Germany into Switzerland some years ago:

Lap tops. Travellers to the EU who carry a laptop for work purposes will require an ATA carnet to temporarily export their computer and avoid import charges according to advice from the government. A carnet from the London Chambers of Commerce costs £300 + VAT (members £180). To avoid this cost business travellers can, for some goods, use a ‘duplicate list‘ which is more complicated than exporting using an ATA Carnet and requires a list on company stationery plus a completed form C&E1246 with an EORI Number and a customs declaration

or:

Temporary imports: Spanish customs charged a holidaymaker 21% duty (£340) on the value of three e-bikes imported temporarily into Spain. Anyone taking reasonably high-value goods from the UK to the EU is required to declare them and pay any tariffs due. Payment can be avoided by paying for a customs carnet although this would have cost £300 plus VAT.
                    If you remember back to one of the post vote threads, when someone posted a rant by Fish about small groups and solo artists no longer being able (financially) to do small EU tours due to having to use the CARNET system to move equipment between EU countries (if you are from the UK). This is exactly the same problem manifesting itself here. It's not laptops as the article suggests, it's anything of sufficient value, so camera gear, and if the receiving country wants to be arsey, expensive mobile phones. if you have to move between countries with any significant equipment, it's going to cost.

This was, of course, dismissed by the diptulips like vetran as being nonsense.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

It doesn't matter whether it is for work or not any goods above a certain value need to be declared. Germany allows the import of goods of up to EUR 700 without declaring. Anything above that should be declared. Every country has different rules for non-EU travellers.
                      So the article being linked to is misleading in that it specified work laptops to the exclusion of other items that might be over the limit for a given country? There's a shocker.

Comment

Working...
                      X