• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Gammon DOOM: Wetherspoons runs out of beer thanks to Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Gammon DOOM: Wetherspoons runs out of beer thanks to Brexit

    https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/31/beer-...ains-15184924/

    #2
    You mean people have to go back to decent pubs?

    Don't Wetherspoons have staffing problems anyway?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Don't Wetherspoons have dodgy customer problems anyway?
      FTFY
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

      Comment


        #4
        They have run out of some brands of fairly revolting North American lager, they haven't run out of beer. Blame Brexit if it makes you feel better.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

        Comment


          #5
          Click image for larger version

Name:	WetherspoonsBrexitPisssm.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	4180910
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

          Comment


            #6
            https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1911748.html

            The Road Haulage Association (RHA) estimates that up to 20,000 HGV drivers from the EU left during the Brexit process
            ONS show 15,000 left but the RHA must be right! They do have an axe to grind and minimum wage jobs to encourage.

            Well that accounts for some of the 100,000 (sorry now its 90,00000) shortage, I wonder what else could be causing it if it is not Brexit?

            lets hope for an intelligent no brainer reply!



            "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

            I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by vetran View Post

              Well that accounts for some of the 100,000 (sorry now its 90,00000) shortage, I wonder what else could be causing it if it is not Brexit?

              lets hope for an intelligent no brainer reply!

              You been learning maths from Pritti Patel?
              {emotionless greeting}

              Three Word Slogan

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by vetran View Post
                https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1911748.html
                The Road Haulage Association (RHA) estimates that up to 20,000 HGV drivers from the EU left during the Brexit process
                Perfectly correct. It could be zero left. It could be as many as 20,000. If they'd said up to 1 beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelion EU HGV drivers had left, they'd still be right. The RHA has literally said nothing.

                Did you know that up to one hundred billion people dropped dead this morning after reading a particularly angry article in the Daily Mail?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Did you know that up to one hundred billion people dropped dead this morning after reading a particularly angry article in the Daily Mail?
                  Was it about an article that started with the word(s) Fury, Outrage, Anger or Meghan Markle?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I wonder what else could be causing it if it is not Brexit?
                    If the shortage isn't due to Brexit, then why aren't European drivers now coming over to take advantage of the higher rates?
                    {emotionless greeting}

                    Three Word Slogan

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X