• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gammon DOOM: Wetherspoons runs out of beer thanks to Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gammon DOOM: Wetherspoons runs out of beer thanks to Brexit

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/31/beer-...ains-15184924/

You mean people have to go back to decent pubs?

Don't Wetherspoons have staffing problems anyway?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Don't Wetherspoons have dodgy customer problems anyway?
      FTFY
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

They have run out of some brands of fairly revolting North American lager, they haven't run out of beer. Blame Brexit if it makes you feel better.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WetherspoonsBrexitPisssm.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	4180910
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1911748.html

The Road Haulage Association (RHA) estimates that up to 20,000 HGV drivers from the EU left during the Brexit process
            ONS show 15,000 left but the RHA must be right! They do have an axe to grind and minimum wage jobs to encourage.

Well that accounts for some of the 100,000 (sorry now its 90,00000) shortage, I wonder what else could be causing it if it is not Brexit?

lets hope for an intelligent no brainer reply!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well that accounts for some of the 100,000 (sorry now its 90,00000) shortage, I wonder what else could be causing it if it is not Brexit?

lets hope for an intelligent no brainer reply!

You been learning maths from Pritti Patel?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1911748.html
                The Road Haulage Association (RHA) estimates that up to 20,000 HGV drivers from the EU left during the Brexit process
                Perfectly correct. It could be zero left. It could be as many as 20,000. If they'd said up to 1 beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelion EU HGV drivers had left, they'd still be right. The RHA has literally said nothing.

Did you know that up to one hundred billion people dropped dead this morning after reading a particularly angry article in the Daily Mail?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Did you know that up to one hundred billion people dropped dead this morning after reading a particularly angry article in the Daily Mail?
                  Was it about an article that started with the word(s) Fury, Outrage, Anger or Meghan Markle?

Comment

I wonder what else could be causing it if it is not Brexit?
                    If the shortage isn't due to Brexit, then why aren't European drivers now coming over to take advantage of the higher rates?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X