• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Elton John

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elton John

‘Our ministers are philistines’: Elton John outraged as Brexit hits musicians | Elton John | The Guardian

"I just don’t get this unfairness and this ridiculous ability to lie through your teeth every ******* minute of the day."

Click image for larger version

Name:	30102902-0-image-m-3_1593203089466.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	4170305

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    ‘Our ministers are philistines’: Elton John outraged as Brexit hits musicians | Elton John | The Guardian

"I just don’t get this unfairness and this ridiculous ability to lie through your teeth every ******* minute of the day."

Yes, I agree with you and Elton Politicians just can't stop lying, and idiots can't stop believing the lies.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So the OP posts a picture of Elton John marrying a woman to show he's a hypocrite himself (I suppose at least, that is what she wanted to proof)
      OP just forgetting that it is because of mainly the religious brexit supporting political parties and politicians that gay people have stayed in the closet for a very long time

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        So the OP posts a picture of Elton John marrying a woman to show he's a hypocrite himself (I suppose at least, that is what she wanted to proof)
        OP just forgetting that it is because of mainly the religious brexit supporting political parties and politicians that gay people have stayed in the closet for a very long time
        Oh so bexiteers are all homophobic religious nuts as well? Any other unfounded accusations you want to level?

Elton darling do explain how arranging a tour in France or Germany is any different to arranging a similar tour in Australia, Canada or USA? We aren't in the EU so the rules fall back to the same as other countries.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Oh so bexiteers are all homophobic religious nuts as well? Any other unfounded accusations you want to level?

Elton darling do explain how arranging a tour in France or Germany is any different to arranging a similar tour in Australia, Canada or USA? We aren't in the EU so the rules fall back to the same as other countries.
          You talk about people making unfounded claims and then you post your second paragraph. Arsehole
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

The guy on the left is like looking at Elton, thinking, "I thought you was gay!"
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

You talk about people making unfounded claims and then you post your second paragraph. Arsehole
              so enlighten me how is touring in the EU different from touring in other third countries post brexit?

Arseholes are useful, not sure your opinions are!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

so enlighten me how is touring in the EU different from touring in other third countries post brexit?
                For someone like Elton John, there probably is little difference. But for the smaller bands the cost and red tape is well documented and could stop them from being able to tour outside the UK. Not just the bands by the way, it's the stage crew etc too - they would all need work permits for Europe where previously they didn't. These small bands and their crew would never have toured Oz so they would never have had to deal with the extra cost before.

It's all well documented.

Not just the music industry, sports people are having the same issue. There is a recent story re: cyclists that is interesting. Brexit really will reduce the options of young talent unless these Tories can sort out visas free travel for certain groups.

Like I say, all well documented, but you may not find it in the pages of the Wail or Express
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Arseholes are useful, not sure your opinions are!
                  We ere promised Brexit would reduce red-tape, red-tape has increased.
                  We ere promised Brexit would give us all the benefits of EU membership but without payment.
                  We ere promised Brexit would let the Brits travel and work in the EU without restriction. No, we are a third county just like Russia or India.

"I Voted For Brexit" But Boris Should Get His Act Together - Iron Maiden"
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUXCi8Mh2M

Another CU** who wanted to stop free movement for others but not himself
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    For someone like Elton John, there probably is little difference. But for the smaller bands the cost and red tape is well documented and could stop them from being able to tour outside the UK. Not just the bands by the way, it's the stage crew etc too - they would all need work permits for Europe where previously they didn't. These small bands and their crew would never have toured Oz so they would never have had to deal with the extra cost before.

It's all well documented.

Not just the music industry, sports people are having the same issue. There is a recent story re: cyclists that is interesting. Brexit really will reduce the options of young talent unless these Tories can sort out visas free travel for certain groups.

Like I say, all well documented, but you may not find it in the pages of the Wail or Express
                    Govt. had the option of an exemption to movement restrictions specifically for musicians and performers but turned it down.

UK refused deal on post-Brexit travel for musicians, says Barnier

The EU's draft legal text, published last March, included a clear exemption from potential new restrictions for several categories of workers including "sportspersons or artists performing an activity on an ad-hoc basis" as well as "journalists sent by the media of their country of residence."

The EU proposal went further, by offering the same exemption to "businesspersons, i.e. persons travelling for the purpose of business deliberations (without being employed in the country of the other Party)." Those exemptions were detailed on Page 354, in an annex to the draft legal text, and the EU also suggested creating a mechanism for modifying the exempted categories as needed.

EU officials have said British negotiators refused to consider a chapter on "mobility," citing the U.K. government's intention to end freedom of movement after Brexit. The draft chapter on "Mobility" proposed by the EU was absent from the final trade deal reached on Christmas Eve.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X