• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Elton John

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Are you really as simple as you come across, or is it just a facade?

Brexit is the whole reason we had to negotiate in the first instance ... and it was totally fecked up so now needs to be, in your words, renegotiated. So yes, there is a very valid reason to blame this on Brexit and the cretins who voted for it without any thought for those who would suffer the effects of a bad decision.

Oh, but it's not my fault, I hear you whine, it's 'their' fault for not preparing. Hmmm, are you this teflon at work too?
    I'm not the one who assumes after a massive change in relationship everything will be the same.

do keep up

Warty the slaver we can engrave that on your tombstone!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nobody assumed it would be the same. Many people assumed that exactly this kind of issue would occur, while the government was blithely assuring everyone it'll be fine.

That's the issue. The government said touring musicians would not have to worry post brexit. They would sort it out. They didn't, hence the anger.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Nobody assumed it would be the same. Many people assumed that exactly this kind of issue would occur, while the government was blithely assuring everyone it'll be fine.

That's the issue. The government said touring musicians would not have to worry post brexit. They would sort it out. They didn't, hence the anger.
        You can't use logic with the likes of Vetran ... the real world doesn't exist in their little heads. They don't care about others, they only think of themselves. After all this time since the out vote, his only 'positive' of brexit is the Uk unemployed can no go fruit picking*

* for the few months a year** that the work exists, thus removing their benefits and leaving them a gap in their income whilst they have to go through the process of re-claiming.

** this is why students used to do it back in the day, but these resources have better options now e.g. Starbucks etc
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I talk a load of rowlocks as usual , I love modern slavery so long as I can have cheap strawberries
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I'm sure there's been a minor distraction that has prevented their full attention being focussed on Brexit deep dive work. Can't quite put my anti-bacterial finger on it....
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

FTFY
              Is this the new insult from brexidiots ..... if you don't agree with them you must be into slavery? Interesting
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I suppose the thing I see as a problem in all this is that lots of groups of people are being negatively effected, and this is just another of them, see also:

Hauliers
                Fishermen
                Anyone exporting anything perishable
                etc

Still on the plus side we have erm.... well..... ? But it's OK as long as you personally aren't negatively effected?
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Is this the new insult from brexidiots ..... if you don't agree with them you must be into slavery? Interesting
                  No I pointed out that you are effectively promoting continuing economic slavery rather than paying a fair wage and training.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    But it's OK as long as you personally aren't negatively effected?
                    It's only negatively affected my life in a very minor way. It's now more difficult to buy some things that I used to get from the EU.

However, it has made something I was contemplating doing in the future more difficult. Moving to southern Europe.

It does seem to have helped with the vaccine programme. But apart from that, I struggle to see any tangible positives.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      It does seem to have helped with the vaccine programme. But apart from that, I struggle to see any tangible positives.
                      Has it? Member states didn't have to buy vaccines through the central EU programme did they? (This is a genuine question I don't know the answer).

I was also considering buying a holiday place in S. Europe, but that's gone the way of the dodo too. Still we've always got... umm.... Blackpool.
                      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X