• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Elton John

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

so enlighten me how is touring in the EU different from touring in other third countries post brexit?

Arseholes are useful, not sure your opinions are!
    If you're at all interested in facts you could read this https://www.nme.com/news/music/maril...broken-2863389

and follow the link to the 'Fish' article, but as a proper stereotypical brexit supporter, you probably don't care as it doesn't effect you, as long as you can get your 2 weeks a year in benidorm with your union jack boxers, bingo and a sunday roast.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      and follow the link to the 'Fish' article, but as a proper stereotypical brexit supporter, you probably don't care as it doesn't effect you, as long as you can get your 2 weeks a year in benidorm with your union jack boxers, bingo and a sunday roast.
      It's Industrial Disease.

They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind
      They wanna sap your energy, incarcerate your mind
      Give ya "Rule Britannia", gassy beer, page three
      Two weeks in España and Sunday striptease"
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you're at all interested in facts you could read this https://www.nme.com/news/music/maril...broken-2863389

so to restate the question for the hard of thinking i.e. remoaners how is this different to touring any other third country?

Just because you had enhanced rights inside the EU that has changed now. Deal with it. You lost get over it is apparently the saying.

If they want you then they will grant permits just like any other country. Oh was Japan in the EU? Or canada or the USofA?

https://www.marillion.com/shop/searc...%20Tour%202018
        https://www.marillion.com/shop/searc...e%20USA%202018

Apparently a Marillion tour would be too expensive just paying for VISAs. mm lets see the math!

stop crying over spilt beer and man up!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

so to restate the question for the hard of thinking i.e. remoaners how is this different to touring any other third country?

Just because you had enhanced rights inside the EU that has changed now. Deal with it. You lost get over it is apparently the saying.

If they want you then they will grant permits just like any other country. Oh was Japan in the EU? Or canada or the USofA?

https://www.marillion.com/shop/searc...%20Tour%202018
          https://www.marillion.com/shop/searc...e%20USA%202018

Apparently a Marillion tour would be too expensive just paying for VISAs. mm lets see the math!

stop crying over spilt beer and man up!
          You really are thicker than the thickest of thick stuff, aren't you ?

Small touring acts (as in hard working non A List musos) didn't tour Japan, the USA and Australia. They toured the countries nearest them, where they had ease of travel and ease of border crossing with equipment and small crew. They now can't do that, because the costs and paperwork, introduced by the UK with their superb negotiating skills render that impossible.

So, you're answer to that is f**k them, you lost, get over it.

As I said earlier, complete arsehole.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Testwinker View Post

I always open with an insult as that way I feel better about being wrong and a little floppy in the bedroom

Small touring acts (as in hard working non A List musos) didn't tour Japan, the USA and Australia. They toured the countries nearest them, where they had ease of travel and ease of border crossing with equipment and small crew. They now can't do that, because the costs and paperwork, introduced by the UK with their superb negotiating skills render that impossible.

As I said earlier, I am a complete arsehole.
            So small bands just couldn't conquer the world without the UK suckling on the tit of the EU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_in_Hamburg

Damn Elton your expert toured Europe in the 1960s I assume the ease of touring in the none existent EU that we were not a member of made his fame possible?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...icians-support

In 1966, I went to Hamburg. I was the keyboard player in Bluesology, and we had a residency at the Top Ten Club, where the Beatles had famously cut their teeth.

Was the US part of Europe or were the Invasion artists just a fantasy
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...vasion_artists

oh look there was a second British invasion post joining the EEC maybe America gave EU members special privileges?

AGAIN IN CAPITAL LETTERS FOR THE EXTREMELY THICK ie you, HOW IS TOURING COUNTRIES IN EUROPE ANY DIFFERENT TO TOURING ANY OTHER THIRD COUNTRY. DO PLEASE EXPLAIN BECAUSE SO FAR YOU HAVEN'T ATTEMPTED TO.

This idea people broke into Europe and only then to global stardom is rowlocks. It was the UK then the USA. Europe didn't exist on their game plan they had Sacha Distell and Vanessa Paradis. The only reason bands tour Europe is because their record companies screw them on royalties so they have to tour to pay the bills. By the way Japan pay better!

Do provide some examples of British bands made mega famous only from touring the EU. Do Queen, Genesis, Status Quo owe their fame to playing crowds in France or Italy?

#cry4fish, #MakeCashPlayParis.

Comment

Elton darling do explain how arranging a tour in France or Germany is any different to arranging a similar tour in Australia, Canada or USA? We aren't in the EU so the rules fall back to the same as other countries.
              The differences is that there are agreements with Australia, Canada and the US. Due to bungling of negotiations, nothing was done, so the default is to make it largely impractical for all but the biggest bands.

Even during the times of the Beatles it was more difficult than while in the EU.

It'll get sorted in the end, but the government dropped the ball, and it's damaging the UK music industry. It doesn't affect Elton, but he's using his global fame to highlight the issue to put pressure on the government, which seems eminently sensible and decent.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The differences is that there are agreements with Australia, Canada and the US. Due to bungling of negotiations, nothing was done, so the default is to make it largely impractical for all but the biggest bands.

Even during the times of the Beatles it was more difficult than while in the EU.

It'll get sorted in the end, but the government dropped the ball, and it's damaging the UK music industry. It doesn't affect Elton, but he's using his global fame to highlight the issue to put pressure on the government, which seems eminently sensible and decent.
                Thanks a decent explanation.

So we need to renegotiate not just blame Brexit and call people cretins etc.

How does many countries closing their borders to the UK fit in or is that not a political decision?

Comment

You really are thicker than the thickest of thick stuff, aren't you ?

So, you're answer to that is f**k them, you lost, get over it.

As I said earlier, complete arsehole.
                  Wot, are they too thick to understand it or something?

Comment

Thanks a decent explanation.

How does many countries closing their borders to the UK fit in or is that not a political decision?
                    There's also the fact that the government repeatedly told musicians not to worry, it'd be sorted out, so they didn't even have a chance to prepare.

Comment

Are you really as simple as you come across, or is it just a facade?

Brexit is the whole reason we had to negotiate in the first instance ... and it was totally fecked up so now needs to be, in your words, renegotiated. So yes, there is a very valid reason to blame this on Brexit and the cretins who voted for it without any thought for those who would suffer the effects of a bad decision.

Oh, but it's not my fault, I hear you whine, it's 'their' fault for not preparing. Hmmm, are you this teflon at work too?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X