• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Elton John

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Elton John"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ns1 View Post
    To be fair, he's probably no more racist than the Prime Minister.
    As long as he doesn't quote random latin phrases...

Leave a comment:

• ns1
    replied
    To be fair, he's probably no more racist than the Prime Minister.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Warty the slaver View Post

I make tulip up because I don't like the truth. Its terrible La Gavaroche isn't sure where its next gold coated truffle is coming from. I think HGV drivers and farm labourers should earn minimum wage or below.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You are right, I don't like foreigners. Coming over here, picking our fruit, driving our lorries. I pretend it's all about low salaries and I'm only thinking of them and their well being, but that's just a smokescreen.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You really don't like foreigners do you?
    I don't think they like anyone really. Including themself.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Warty View Post

Making up tulip because I can't make an argument
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Maybe the chaps that sit in the layby at the top of the A355 waiting for day labour left their Rolls Royce at home? Maybe having Eastern European accents they drive something more exotic when not sitting on the kerb in the pouring rain at 7am?

All those nice young ladies waiting tables in greasy spoon cafes are actually Polish heiresses?
    You really don't like foreigners do you?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

there is another mechanism that works here and is called passive immigration control. If you come to the UK ( which I did in 2015 and I know how it is) nobody will rent to you unless you have a job to be able to show that you can pay rent. After you have an address you are able to open a bank account, apply for NINO etc.
    There are quite a few hurdles that would make it slightly difficult for a working class person coming from the continent and setting up roots here without having a job.

If they are able to rent etc that means they are loaded and they come to spend money here and you do not care.

I think that most of the parties and businesses welcome immigration. You have an ageing population and educated people used to a certain standard of life. It is difficult to push them to do jobs that are slightly demeaning.

Educated immigrants are always welcomed because statistically you sample the best out another country and spend 0 on their education university etc. But you also need the less educated to do the jobs that locals won't.

In the end they needed brexit for other reasons so they fabricated narratives that resonated with local gammons and enabled them to get the votes to show it was 'the will of the people' not of the crony capitalists that run the world of finance.

simples. the truth is always there, it's just some people are not strong enough to accept it.
    Maybe the chaps that sit in the layby at the top of the A355 waiting for day labour left their Rolls Royce at home? Maybe having Eastern European accents they drive something more exotic when not sitting on the kerb in the pouring rain at 7am?

All those nice young ladies waiting tables in greasy spoon cafes are actually Polish heiresses?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Yeah and most remainer s are anti-Semites, its a zero sum game.
    You'll note I didn't say most Levears were homophobes. I don't think >24% of the population is anti-semitic.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Uncontrolled immigration from the EU. Not that that was the EU's fault as plenty of other EU countries have laws like you've 3 months to find work, or you must leave.
    there is another mechanism that works here and is called passive immigration control. If you come to the UK ( which I did in 2015 and I know how it is) nobody will rent to you unless you have a job to be able to show that you can pay rent. After you have an address you are able to open a bank account, apply for NINO etc.
    There are quite a few hurdles that would make it slightly difficult for a working class person coming from the continent and setting up roots here without having a job.

If they are able to rent etc that means they are loaded and they come to spend money here and you do not care.

I think that most of the parties and businesses welcome immigration. You have an ageing population and educated people used to a certain standard of life. It is difficult to push them to do jobs that are slightly demeaning.

Educated immigrants are always welcomed because statistically you sample the best out another country and spend 0 on their education university etc. But you also need the less educated to do the jobs that locals won't.

In the end they needed brexit for other reasons so they fabricated narratives that resonated with local gammons and enabled them to get the votes to show it was 'the will of the people' not of the crony capitalists that run the world of finance.

simples. the truth is always there, it's just some people are not strong enough to accept it.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Really? That's an interesting observation unfounded by evidence

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not sure how homophobic posts have much to do with Brexit, except to point out how most homophobes are Leavers.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Uncontrolled immigration from the EU. Not that that was the EU's fault as plenty of other EU countries have laws like you've 3 months to find work, or you must leave.
    Uncontrolled, or unrestricted? Not the same thing. If you have a legal right to move somewhere, that is not uncontrolled.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Nope I'm afraid you're incorrect. Uncontrolled immigration was never a thing. What you're specifically talking about above is an EU wide mandate (including the UK), various governments just never bothered enforcing it.

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/we-can-control...avent-done-it/

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    But we've never had uncontrolled immigration

Leave a comment:

Working...
X