• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh who guessed it the remainers made it up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh who guessed it the remainers made it up!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ed-wall-voters

A quarter of the leave vote could be categorised as “economically deprived, anti-immigration with monthly household income of less than £2,200 a month. A third of leave supporters were older working class, with an average age of 71.

However, almost half were “affluent eurosceptics” who shared the domestic priorities of the poorer cohort – they wanted further investment in police, the NHS and care workers and “proper, secure work for high-quality domestic production, as well as apprenticeship in real jobs”, says the briefing paper.
    who would have thunk it?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Made what up?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Made what up?
      That most leave voters are xenophobes ... oh, hold on ...
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So one half of Brexit voters were poor racists.
        One third were comfortable, old racists.
        Half were well off but their opinion on immigrunts wasn't provided.

Statistics are like bikinis though. What they don't show is more interesting.

Not shown:
        - How many Brexit weren't racist?
        - How many racists, when asked, by a pollster if they're racists, said "yes"?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          So one half of Brexit voters were poor racists.
          One third were comfortable, old racists.
          Half were well off but their opinion on immigrunts wasn't provided.

Statistics are like bikinis though. What they don't show is more interesting.

Not shown:
          - How many Brexit weren't racist?
          - How many racists, when asked, by a pollster if they're racists, said "yes"?
          Anti Immigration is not racist. But carry on believing that if you must.

Most people become anti immigration where it directly negatively affects them.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Anti Immigration is not racist. But carry on believing that if you must.

Most people become anti immigration where it directly negatively affects them.

when you have an ageing population, and insufficient population growth from the natives, and you know it needs to be fixed, but not by bringing in foreigners, then it is racist or stupid (or both).
            So to be not racist, or stupid, or both, you need to disagree that we have an ageing population (that makes you stupid), insufficient population growth (ditto), or that it needs fixing (OK. I can go with that, but unless you want you own kids, or robots, to wipe your arse and pay for the ageing pollution then that's also stupidity).

Which are you?
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Why do we have an ageing population? Because of a population boom after WW2. So we fix that with a low skilled migration-driven population boom?

Better to aim for a high tech, high productivity economy. Migrants can help there too but it's the highly skilled one we need.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Why do we have an ageing population? Because of a population boom after WW2. So we fix that with a low skilled migration-driven population boom?

Better to aim for a high tech, high productivity economy. Migrants can help there too but it's the highly skilled one we need.
                How does high tech provide care for the elderly and highly dependent individuals?
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Like maybe an booming IT industry with 100,000 ICTs paying no tax in this country.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

How does high tech provide care for the elderly and highly dependent individuals?
                    oh maybe robots and active monitoring?

Comment

Working...
                    X