• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory and Labour MPs plot secret deal to ensure soft Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's treason then...

-----

Senior Cabinet ministers are engaged in secret talks with Labour MPs to secure cross-party backing for a soft Brexit, it has emerged.

Some of the most senior members of Theresa May's team have been discussing how to force the Prime Minister to make concessions on immigration, the customs union and the single market.

There have also been discussions of a cross-party Brexit Commission to agree common ground between the parties and ensure an orderly withdrawal from the EU.

Labour is expected to use the talks as leverage to demand an end to the public sector pay freeze among a series of concessions in next week’s Queen’s Speech at the State Opening of Parliament.

Mrs May is understood to have been “aware” of the plot for several days but so far has done nothing to stop it....

May is a puppet who now acts as is an representative the Tories, not a leader. Of course they're colluding. This is their one chance to properly screw the voting public over supporting any one manifesto pledge.

Clusterf**k would be nicer place to be than what's going on now behind closed doors.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It's treason then...
      Garbage. Why would Labour save the Tory incompetents?

Buy some popcorn and sit back and watch the Tories rip themselves apart.

Comment

I think they are not saving the tory. They just want brexit in an easy way as possible.

Comment

Treason against whom? The people? They don't have sovereignty. Parliament is sovereign.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

These talks....not very secret are they.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Treason against whom? The people? They don't have sovereignty. Parliament is sovereign.

Comment

Politics live

William Hague's proposal:

He suggests the UK should grant free movement to EU citizens after Brexit if they have a job. This would be just one stop short of full free movement, he says.
                Looks like the whole referendum was a complete waste of time.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Politics live

William Hague's proposal:

Looks like the whole referendum was a complete waste of time.

Oh I don't know. For me the priority was always to leave the political union, I can live with FoM (with caveats and power of enforcement) if that's what it takes. Not ideal, but still better than what we have now.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What a crazy idea, for the biggest issue facing our nation to be decided in a cross-party manner. That's the better option, it shouldn't be a party-political issue for whichever party happens to be in power for the next 2-3 years to dictate something affecting our nation for decades or centuries.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X