• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory and Labour MPs plot secret deal to ensure soft Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Politics live

William Hague's proposal:

Looks like the whole referendum was a complete waste of time.

And a waste of money
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Oh I don't know. For me the priority was always to leave the political union, I can live with FoM (with caveats and power of enforcement) if that's what it takes. Not ideal, but still better than what we have now.
      Indeed.

No one ever said no more immigration - just some better control of it - using rules we do not have to have ratified by a central european power.

The main sticking point for me is the trade deals - we cannot rightfully expect to get the same as the EU members however there is no reason why we cannot deal with each individual country - and unless that country has a problem with the trade deal we have in place then no need to change it - but if we do we can do it directly with that country without the EU having a say in it.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Treason against whom? The people? They don't have sovereignty. Parliament is sovereign.
        Parliament is the people, you mupp!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Indeed.

No one ever said no more immigration - just some better control of it - using rules we do not have to have ratified by a central european power.

The main sticking point for me is the trade deals - we cannot rightfully expect to get the same as the EU members however there is no reason why we cannot deal with each individual country - and unless that country has a problem with the trade deal we have in place then no need to change it - but if we do we can do it directly with that country without the EU having a say in it.

omg, can you say that in English

fer fecks sake, Brexiters should stay off the sherberts before trying to explain their fantasies

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            FFS you are thick.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              omg, can you say that in English

fer fecks sake, Brexiters should stay off the sherberts before trying to explain their fantasies

Milan.

Comment

Indeed.

If we implemented the rules we had to deal with the Europeans and sorted out non-EU immigration then we wouldn't be in this mess.

I guess if you have a useless Home Secretary who couldn't even deal with asylum applications so had to close down the agency dealing with them, then that's too be expected.....

I
                We don't have the expertise to do that. Unfortunately having been in the EU and it's predecessors since the 70s the UK doesn't have the personnel with the know-how on how to do negotiations.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Originally posted by OwlHoot
                  FFS you are thick.
                  If that was in relation to my comment, and not just a general observation, would you care to elaborate?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    If that was in relation to my comment, and not just a general observation, would you care to elaborate?
                    Parliament is not the people.

HTH
                    BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Parliament is not the people.

HTH
                      BIDI
                      But the parliament IS the people, sire. Chosen from AMONG the people. To speak FOR the people.

Gracchus (Character) - Quotes

Comment

Working...
                      X