• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England working on the transitional plan, May mentioned to business leaders :

Bank of England's Mark Carney 'in plot to make Theresa May abandon Brexit timetable' | The Independent

Looks like the UK will be in the EU for the forseeable future.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Bank of England working on the transitional plan, May mentioned to business leaders :

Bank of England's Mark Carney 'in plot to make Theresa May abandon Brexit timetable' | The Independent

Looks like the UK will be in the EU for the forseeable future.

Or maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Even Michael Gove acquiescing to the idea....

Michael Gove, the pro-Brexit MP, said that while he was "open to the case of a transition agreement" he was "not convinced" that one would be needed after Brexit.
        I think "probably" is more appropriate than "maybe not"

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Do you know what the EU stands for or where it wants to go? Do you know the big plan?

The Indy and the Guardian are barely newspapers, (well the Indy isn't any more), although at least the Guardian allows people to post pro-Brexit comments, unlike the Indy.

Be honest, most pro-EU voters have no concept of what the EU is other than a cheap holiday every year. If yoyu actually explained it to them they would be shocked into voting Leave.
          Shaddup. U gotta vote for da EU cos dey give u free phones. Or somefink.

From the Telegraph today.

'SIR – I am a commercial offshore helicopter captain, my wife is a surgeon, my mother-in-law is a previous president of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and my closest friend is a commercial director of a FTSE 100 company. All of us voted for Brexit. We understood the question asked of us (it wasn’t difficult), and we understand the implications of leaving.

It may disappoint Tony Blair, Tim Farron and other Remainers, but we are educated people and believe in the benefits of leaving the EU. We believe in our country and our right to sovereignty – and we believe that leaving means leaving. We don’t need asking again, because we will give exactly the same answer.

Matthew Clifford
          Norwich'

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I am sure I too could draw the same outlandish conclusions if I hung on every word of the Grauniad, but I prefer to draw my facts from a much wider range of opinion.
            We call it "the REAL World".

Telegraph, Mail, the Times. I only read the Grauniad when someone here links to it.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Already been found out but they keep paying me
            See - proof your managers/clients don't have a clue, and are terrified other's will find out.

Honestly, some of you (other) Brexiters are so humourless, earnest and precious. Are you sure you're not officers of your local SU? Here's a video for you:
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is fascinating:

Britain's leaked Brexit memo | Reuters

Basically the governments as we thought doesn't have a Brexit strategy. The Prime Minister's overriding objective is to hold together the Conservative party.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                See - proof your managers/clients don't have a clue, and are terrified other's will find out.

Honestly, some of you (other) Brexiters are so humourless, earnest and precious. Are you sure you're not officers of your local SU?
                hmm coherent. Maybe a little bit more water with it?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Not been reported in the press much, but gilt (that's British government debt) prices have been behaving peculiarly.
                  With the fall in sterling you'd expect investors to flock to gilts, but they're not.
                  Basically foreigners who fund our debt don't have confidence in the British economy, post Brexit.
                  That means higher costs of British debt, if in fact, anyone can be found to buy it going forward.

Because Britain's economy relies on debt to keep it going, that's a dangerous trend.
                  Lats time it happened was the 70s, the IMF had to come in.

Interesting times, keep yer powder dry. There'll be a killing to be made for some.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Not been reported in the press much, but gilt (that's British government debt) prices have been behaving peculiarly.
                    With the fall in sterling you'd expect investors to flock to gilts, but they're not.
                    Basically foreigners who fund our debt don't have confidence in the British economy, post Brexit.
                    That means higher costs of British debt, if in fact, anyone can be found to buy it going forward.

Because Britain's economy relies on debt to keep it going, that's a dangerous trend.
                    Lats time it happened was the 70s, the IMF had to come in.

Interesting times, keep yer powder dry. There'll be a killing to be made for some.
                    ooh that doesn't sound good.

UK services businesses report weaker profits - CBI | Reuters

Firms in Britain's large services sector reported a sharp fall in profits over the past three months due to higher costs and weak sales, the Confederation of British Industry said on Monday.
                    hmm, Ms May is going to be severely challenged.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yeah sorry to disappoint you Brexiters, but there's not going to be a golden future outside the EU - the British economy is simply to weak for that, reliant on foreign investment, too small an industrial base, poor educational standards and training for all but the top 10%, up to its eyebrows in debt.

I refer you to my sig, noted by a wise man many years ago.

It would be prudent to make a plan B to safeguard your family's future, if you can, unless you really, really believe in miracles
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X