• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    A 100,000 protestors have heeded Nigel's call and are protesting in favour of Brexit.

Massive pro Brexit rally outside Parliament

I would have joined them if I had time.
    Massive UK asset sale to be had if there's a hard Brexit.
    And post hard Brexit, London and the South will still be a viable place - there are things we do well.
    But the rest of the country will be hollowed out - as Brexiter economist Patrick Minford expects manufacturing to disappear:

MPs react after Vote Leave economist admits Brexit would 'mostly eliminate manufacturing' - Chronicle Live
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I would have joined them if I had time.
      Massive UK asset sale to be had if there's a hard Brexit.
      And post hard Brexit, London and the South will still be a viable place - there are things we do well.
      But the rest of the country will be hollowed out - as Brexiter economist Patrick Minford expects manufacturing to disappear:

MPs react after Vote Leave economist admits Brexit would 'mostly eliminate manufacturing' - Chronicle Live
      Absolutely, either you do Soft Brexit and you end up with all the things everyone voted against or you do a Hard Brexit and force the economy through a painful longterm restructuring which will leave the North as a permanent basket case. Interestingly London will probably come through a Hard Brexit quite well.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

John Major chips in;

Sir John Major has declared there is a “perfectly credible” case for a second referendum on Brexit and people who voted to remain should not be subject to the “tyranny of the majority”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...dum?CMP=twt_gu
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Absolutely, either you do Soft Brexit and you end up with all the things everyone voted against or you do a Hard Brexit and force the economy through a painful longterm restructuring which will leave the North as a permanent basket case. Interestingly London will probably come through a Hard Brexit quite well.
          And your evidence is? None of course.

Or are you going to post another link to a page that doesn't back up your claim and hope no one reads it, then ignore the post that calls you out as a muppet?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Or are you going to post another link to a page that doesn't back up your claim and hope no one reads it, then ignore the post that calls you out as a muppet?
            I don't think he needs to nick your strategy.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

zzz

Comment

And your evidence is? None of course.

Don't be fooled by the optimistic economic news:

Brexit it to be very painful
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Don't be fooled by the optimistic economic news:

Brexit it to be very painful
                  Are they going to claim delay every time they get it wrong?

Needless to say you didn't address the problem with your supporting evidence having no evidence.

And on the subject of porkies, I see Sturgeon's Brexit Minister caught embellishing the truth.Never seen him in the same room as Blaster at the same time.

It's all irrelevant though as Spain tells Sturgeon to go forth.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I don't think he needs to nick your strategy.
                    My 8 year old daughters used to argue like that. My Teenager has started doing it again.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And your evidence is?
                      Look around your house, list the stuff made by British owned companies in Britain.
                      I buy the best things I can afford - the only British brand I can see is a Dyson (made in Malaysia and so crap its never used). Oh and some garden tools, but although they sound British, they're probably made abroad.

We don't make enough to trade our way in the world. Bottom line.

80% of our economy is services of which the vast majority goes to Europe and the US.
                      India and China (2/5ths of the world population) are not interested in our services, they've got a closed economy.

HTH, BIDI
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X