• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Joseph Goebbels

And so on and on, the above quotes explain Brexiter...
    I think rather they are deluded and ignorant, rather than wilful propagandists. But they are fun to
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Big parties have shown themselves to be obsolete. .
      Labour are unelectable, the Tories have been shown to be incompetent - first by Cameron for allowing the referendum, second by May for not understanding where sovereignty lies.

Unfortunately it needs a government to change the system.

I'm beginning to think that even the referendum had gone the other way, the country would still be screwed.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Labour are unelectable, the Tories have been shown to be incompetent - first by Cameron for allowing the referendum, second by May for not understanding where sovereignty lies.

Unfortunately it needs a government to change the system.

I'm beginning to think that even the referendum had gone the other way, the country would still be screwed.
        Finally you are seeing the light.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Let's be honest though, if there was another referendum on Brexit now, what would the outcome be? And ten more after that?

I'm not saying what I think cos I'm happy where I am, the situation I'm in, but I think we all know don't we?
          The result would be a stronger Leave, especially now an untrustworthy judiciary has found against the people.

Comment

The campaign for Brexit was one of the most shameful for a western democracy. The team that won the day did so on lies, deceit, and scaremongering. If there was one slap in the face of democracy that was it.
            Say the Scot who emigrated.

You don't half come out with some nonsense.

Comment

Personally I think the UK would make a lot more progress if Alternative Voting system was introduced. Now more than ever as one of the two big parties has chosen to dilute itself. But more so because there are many voices in the country who are constantly ignored. I'm sure ukip voters would agree. And snp would probably struggle a lot more under AV.

Big parties have shown themselves to be obsolete. A GE with AV should be introduced.
              Only proportional representation is democratic av is just a complicated trick which will not influence the outcome much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                Say the Scot who emigrated.

You don't half come out with some nonsense.
                What has that got to do with anything?

I vote with my feet. Life is too short.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Only proportional representation is democratic av is just a complicated trick which will not influence the outcome much at all.
                  The referendum was a protest vote against the establishment. Everyone knows that.

AV would change things for the better. But the establishment would never agree to that so you're screwed.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    The result would be a stronger Leave, especially now an untrustworthy judiciary has found against the people.
                    You clearly show that you don't understand how the British constitution works.

The judiciary are doing the job they were appointed to do which is up hold the law and make sure the government does their job properly.

The ruling doesn't mean that the opposition parties and the House of Lords e.g. the legislature have a right to negotiate the treaty for leaving the EU. That is the job of May's government.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The referendum was a protest vote against the establishment. Everyone knows that.

AV would change things for the better. But the establishment would never agree to that so you're screwed.
                      We had a chance for AV when we had a coalition government as there was a referendum then. The Tories and Labour ensured that the system didn't change.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X