• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    To whom are you referring?
    Him, the one with the silly banter.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The remain campaign focussed on the potential pitfalls of leaving (and then somewhat exaggerated them), rather than the actual advantages of remaining. It was the outrageous bolleaux that the remain campain was spouting, compared to the slightly less outrageous bolleaux that the leave campaign was spouting, that tipped the result towards Leave.

Juncker sticking his oar in just before the referendum, boldly reminding us all that their is no hope for reform of the EU, really didnt help the remain cause.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        The remain campaign focussed on the potential pitfalls of leaving (and then somewhat exaggerated them), rather than the actual advantages of remaining. It was the outrageous bolleaux that the remain campain was spouting, compared to the slightly less outrageous bolleaux that the leave campaign was spouting, that tipped the result towards Leave.

Juncker sticking his oar in just before the referendum, boldly reminding us all that their is no hope for reform of the EU, really didnt help the remain cause.
        The NHS claim and the claim of how much we put into the EU were complete outrageous bollocks.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

Exactly. They should have been promoting a central eu government and an EU army.

The icing on the cake would have been to tell us that our vote wouldn't have counted anyway, so why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            ^^^^ how is it possible such people are allowed to vote?
            You weren't. You were in the Fatherland.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Those lies where too complicated for the citizen with the average reading age e.g. 8...
              That explains GB9, vetran etc.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So long as this thread remains on the subject of "Brexit, will it ever happen", I'll not merge it. However, when it degenerates into the endless post mortum of the referendum vote then such posts will be moved. Just so you know.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Let's be honest though, if there was another referendum on Brexit now, what would the outcome be? And ten more after that?

I'm not saying what I think cos I'm happy where I am, the situation I'm in, but I think we all know don't we?
                  You could also ask the question would there be a second referendum if the result had been the other way in the first?

Nigel Farage wants second referendum if Remain campaign scrapes narrow win - Mirror Online
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Personally I think the UK would make a lot more progress if Alternative Voting system was introduced. Now more than ever as one of the two big parties has chosen to dilute itself. But more so because there are many voices in the country who are constantly ignored. I'm sure ukip voters would agree. And snp would probably struggle a lot more under AV.

Big parties have shown themselves to be obsolete. A GE with AV should be introduced.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      That explains GB9, vetran etc.
                      A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth
                      Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.
                      If you tell the same lie enough times, people will believe it; and the bigger the lie, the better.
                      Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.
                      Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.
                      It is the absolute right of the State to supervise the formation of public opinion.
                      Joseph Goebbels

And so on and on, the above quotes explain Brexiter...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X