• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen have done it again - editing statement entries retrospectively.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen have done it again - editing statement entries retrospectively.

Got payment from agency. As I always do, since its in euros I transfer pretty much all of it out to currency fair.

Then, as I always do, a few days later, I check the amount recieved matches up with invoice. In this case, it looks like the last two digits were reversed (xx83 instead of xx38 - so 45E more). So I contacted finance dept at agency - they got back to me today and said nope deffo transferred right amount.

So today, thought I'd better speak to bank. Checked my statement and xx83 has now magically changed to xx38. Not cool.

No phone call to advise me, no entry on statement to show error being corrected, just a manual edit of the figure. But they've been caught out a bit because they did the aforementioned BACS transfer for me based on the old amount - so now I'm 40E overdrawn!

Not the first time they've done this. They seem to make mistakes and then do manual edits to cover them up without bothering to let the customer know. Last year, it seems someone accidentally deleted a large credit from my account - it was as if it never existed. Took me ages to convince them that it was there - luckily I had a copy of statment with it on.

This time they had better not charge me for being overdrawn!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Life isn't very fair to you is it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Don't understand how this can happen unless CA are still on pen and paper, having failed to embrace the whole IT/computer malarkey?!

Comment

Hang on...

They've done this before and you didn't move bank
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cater Allen are Santander. They use the same people in their call centre to answer Santander Business and Cater Allen account queries.

How many times do people need telling?
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I feel I need telling, or telling what I might need telling. I've always found Santander helpful with my business a/c on the phone and the online side works sweetly enough.

The one weirdness is that my ISAs show up when I login to the business account as well as the personal one.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

To be fair, the phone service is pretty good with Cater Allen. Certainly better than you get with Santander....

But this sort of thing is not cool....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                To be fair, the phone service is pretty good with Cater Allen. Certainly better than you get with Santander....

But this sort of thing is not cool....
                <cough>

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Cater Allen are Santander. They use the same people in their call centre to answer Santander Business and Cater Allen account queries.

How many times do people need telling?
                More times it seems.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NLUK - Yes I know their Santander at the end of the day. But like I said, its not the usual Santander phone people - they are actually quite decent.

If they didnt cause this sort of problem I'd be happy to stay with them on the basis of their phone support.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I feel I need telling, or telling what I might need telling. I've always found Santander helpful with my business a/c on the phone and the online side works sweetly enough.

The one weirdness is that my ISAs show up when I login to the business account as well as the personal one.
                    Santander were good when I had my business account with them, but I never (iirc) had to speak with them about anything. I've had personal banking dealings with them in the past and it's a shoddy service, IMO.

Some of my personal accounts showed up on my business login too, not cool. I wonder who else's login my details appeared under

Anyhow, closed all my accounts with them now. My online banking still works though (although to be fair it does show a message saying I have no accountsw with them. Half a job.
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X