• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cater Allen have done it again - editing statement entries retrospectively."

Collapse

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    It's a bit of a coincidence that when dh000g logs into his business account he happens to see dh000g's ISAs, not some random person's, therefore I suspect that they are linked in someway and dh000g isn't quite telling us the full story
    The point I am making is that legally there is no difference between linking dh000g's ISA to me as there is linking it to dh000gco.
    Dh000g and dh000gco are 2 completely separate legal entities.

Do you think that an employee of Tesco would be happy that their boss could see their ISA accounts through Tesco's internet banking?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I'd bin them off. There are a few things I can't stand and one of them is poor customer service.

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    I'd have thought at the very very least they'd have covered the overdrawn amount as good faith.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by javadude View Post
    You empty your business account after each invoice is paid in? What about accountant fees, pension contributions, tax etc?
    No mate. Euro business account - get paid in euros. Have sterling account also hence the need to convert to sterling from whcih are paid all the things you mention above.

I actually move it all out to currency fair who do the conversion and plonk it back into my sterling business account.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    You think that showing one legal entities account information to another completely separate legal entity is just 'wierdness'?

I see that as no different to your personal ISA accounts showing up on my internet banking, and would be very unhappy about it.
    It's a bit of a coincidence that when dh000g logs into his business account he happens to see dh000g's ISAs, not some random person's, therefore I suspect that they are linked in someway and dh000g isn't quite telling us the full story

Leave a comment:

• javadude
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    But they've been caught out a bit because they did the aforementioned BACS transfer for me based on the old amount - so now I'm 40E overdrawn!
    You empty your business account after each invoice is paid in? What about accountant fees, pension contributions, tax etc?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    FFS. Finally got some sense. First of all they tried to deny all knowledge and say that the entry hadn't been edited.

When I pointed out they might have objected to the BACS transfer out being more than was in the account if that had been the case they 'went away to check'. Then came back and admitted that they had retrospectively edited the entry due to an error.

Must admit I gave them some grief for this. Not a banking/accounts expert but surely they should have at least contacted me and surely the account should show some sort of entry to correct the mistake - not just an edited entry with no sign of change.

Best thing is I said OK. I'm now 30E overdrawn I'd better not be charged for this because its your mistake. They said yeh OK as long as you pay 30E in the next few days. Sod off said I - wait until my next invoice goes in.

Time to look for new business account I think.
    Perhaps I'm missing something here, but how did you get overdrawn to the tune of 30E? Your business accounts should be operating with a reasonable balance to account for the "unexpected". On Cater Allen, I've had some dubious experiences with payments myself, but in their defense, the staff on the phones have been excellent (and upfront about mistakes).

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    FFS. Finally got some sense. First of all they tried to deny all knowledge and say that the entry hadn't been edited.

When I pointed out they might have objected to the BACS transfer out being more than was in the account if that had been the case they 'went away to check'. Then came back and admitted that they had retrospectively edited the entry due to an error.

Must admit I gave them some grief for this. Not a banking/accounts expert but surely they should have at least contacted me and surely the account should show some sort of entry to correct the mistake - not just an edited entry with no sign of change.

Best thing is I said OK. I'm now 30E overdrawn I'd better not be charged for this because its your mistake. They said yeh OK as long as you pay 30E in the next few days. Sod off said I - wait until my next invoice goes in.

Time to look for new business account I think.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The one weirdness is that my ISAs show up when I login to the business account as well as the personal one.
    You think that showing one legal entities account information to another completely separate legal entity is just 'wierdness'?

I see that as no different to your personal ISA accounts showing up on my internet banking, and would be very unhappy about it.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Or a pound every time you were a miserable git?
    Last edited by psychocandy; 28 March 2013, 17:13.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Last time I moaned and they gave me £100 if I remember correctly.
    See if you can make the same deal with Admin on here. They will owe you a bloody fortune.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    They talk to you nicely on the phone when you call to inform them of more mistakes and that's why you stick with 'em? Easily pleased, eh.

If you negotiated a £500 payment to you every time they screw up you can bet it wouldn't happen again (I've done it with Vodafone and the mistakes stopped almost overnight).
    Last time I moaned and they gave me £100 if I remember correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    If they didnt cause this sort of problem I'd be happy to stay with them on the basis of their phone support.
    They talk to you nicely on the phone when you call to inform them of more mistakes and that's why you stick with 'em? Easily pleased, eh.

If you negotiated a £500 payment to you every time they screw up you can bet it wouldn't happen again (I've done it with Vodafone and the mistakes stopped almost overnight).

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    NLUK - Yes I know their Santander at the end of the day. But like I said, its not the usual Santander phone people - they are actually quite decent.

If they didnt cause this sort of problem I'd be happy to stay with them on the basis of their phone support.
    Sorry but "they're" or "they are" ........

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I feel I need telling, or telling what I might need telling. I've always found Santander helpful with my business a/c on the phone and the online side works sweetly enough.

The one weirdness is that my ISAs show up when I login to the business account as well as the personal one.
    Santander were good when I had my business account with them, but I never (iirc) had to speak with them about anything. I've had personal banking dealings with them in the past and it's a shoddy service, IMO.

Some of my personal accounts showed up on my business login too, not cool. I wonder who else's login my details appeared under

Anyhow, closed all my accounts with them now. My online banking still works though (although to be fair it does show a message saying I have no accountsw with them. Half a job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X