• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto!

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
    Donation made. More than happy to donate more when required, just let me know when!!
    Additional donation made yesterday

Comment

Curious

Hey all, im just curious why have we not heard another dickie from HMRC, anyone know why and whats going on? I would at least have expected a letter along the lines of your appeals will now be challenged and taken through the courts etc, but nothing.

IS this a good sign or should I not read anything into it and just put it down to HMRC inefficiencies and we are buried under a whole load of other stuff. Any NTRT view on this and the reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
        Hey all, im just curious why have we not heard another dickie from HMRC, anyone know why and whats going on? I would at least have expected a letter along the lines of your appeals will now be challenged and taken through the courts etc, but nothing.

IS this a good sign or should I not read anything into it and just put it down to HMRC inefficiencies and we are buried under a whole load of other stuff. Any NTRT view on this and the reasons?
        Dont know but, I dont understand why people seem in a hurry to hear from that bunch of leeches. No news is good news imho.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Dont know but, I dont understand why people seem in a hurry to hear from that bunch of leeches. No news is good news imho.
          BB, I dont want to hear from them, its more a question of it being good news that we havent heard??

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
            Those people make profit out of screwing contractors like us over, cutting daily rates because they say times are hard
            Well the contractors tried to screw HMRC over first

Originally posted by Slobbo View Post
            How can we be morally repugnant because we don't want contribute to the over payment of benefits.
            Really? Could you think of worse argument?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Someone around here (^^) has smoked their lunch ! HMRC dont get screwed.... they play with public money. Unlike the individuals involved in this who have their livelihoods at stake.

Really? Could you think of worse argument?
              Yup and I think you could... if you think really hard. Give it a try.
              http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post

You really dont get it do you.. go and read this http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1581000
                then come back on the forum and make a smart remark
                Last edited by moira under the stairs; 25 July 2012, 18:25.
                MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

TROLL

[QUOTE=d000hg;1582101]Well the contractors tried to screw HMRC over first

TROLL PERHAPS

Comment

Be very careful in this thread d000hg.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well at least that's an admission that HMRC are indeed trying to screw us as well. Many thanks for the confirmation.

Although one could argue that if there was a more consistent playing field, all parties would play fairer. No schemes, no Ltds, no loopholes. Flat tax all round. Works in other European countries. Contractors get better tax breaks, everyone's happy and the revenue gets their rightful share.

Although we can wonder what the likes of you did when you or your mate got thumped at school. Told the teacher?, got someone bigger to fight your battles? Or did you take ya Dad's advice and stand up for yourself "- thump him back Son!"

HMRC are just people like us pal. They'll screw you for their own gain as well. All's fair in love and screwing.

Or do you think there were no incentives attached to that extra 900 million they got?
                      Last edited by the great escape; 25 July 2012, 22:13.

Comment

Working...
                      X