• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
    Hi Smalldog,

Thanks for the reply!!

I assumed SA302's would provide a rather negative view for any lender, is that not the case?? Haven't downloaded mine yet - am going to try and do that today!

Which lender did you use in the end if you dion't mind me asking?
    Hey, well in fact SA302's shouldnt do you much harm. They list all your taxable personal income, so unless you are stashing huge sums away in your company they will reflect salary and divs. It didnt seem to do me any harm, they wanted bank statements too as the SA302's obviously only give a snapshot from last tax return which isnt upto date.

We used the woolwich as recommended by my broker, they were pretty efficient and speedy once all the info was passed to them!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
      Hey, well in fact SA302's shouldnt do you much harm. They list all your taxable personal income, so unless you are stashing huge sums away in your company they will reflect salary and divs. It didnt seem to do me any harm, they wanted bank statements too as the SA302's obviously only give a snapshot from last tax return which isnt upto date.

We used the woolwich as recommended by my broker, they were pretty efficient and speedy once all the info was passed to them!
      Sounds promising as I'm using the Woolwich also.... Only problem is I'm still using MontP, although I guess it'll still show my entire income as HMRC see it unless of course it only shows the PAYE element? Guess I'll find out soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
        Sounds promising as I'm using the Woolwich also.... Only problem is I'm still using MontP, although I guess it'll still show my entire income as HMRC see it unless of course it only shows the PAYE element? Guess I'll find out soon enough!
        You must have balls of steel to still be using MP! or a mental problem.....Obvious someone has it in for them and personally I am staying well clear. Any schemes MP come up with (IMHO) from now on will be tackled by HMRC somehow....of course I maybe wrong, but for me its too big a risk!

Comment

IR35

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          You must have balls of steel to still be using MP! or a mental problem.....Obvious someone has it in for them and personally I am staying well clear. Any schemes MP come up with (IMHO) from now on will be tackled by HMRC somehow....of course I maybe wrong, but for me its too big a risk!
          Not necessarily true.

Ask yourself why the majority of us joined MP in the first place. It was the devisive and ambiguous IR35, which is where I think the next big push against contractors will come from.

HMRC have already introduced the new points scheme. So, watch out. You heard it here first.

If you are now running a Ltd, then take every precaution you can.

So maybe our friend takes the view to be hung for a sheep....
          Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
            Not necessarily true.

Ask yourself why the majority of us joined MP in the first place. It was the devisive and ambiguous IR35, which is where I think the next big push against contractors will come from.

HMRC have already introduced the new points scheme. So, watch out. You heard it here first.

If you are now running a Ltd, then take every precaution you can.

IVe gone to the dark side and am permie now....method in my madness, needed to go perm for EMI shares so good reason. Good luck all those still going with MP, I hope it doesnt go T*Ts up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
              Quite a few people I talk to are using a new scheme to save that bit extra to try and cover the potential liabilities of BN66. It was either that or face the prospect of bankruptcy.

Comment

New Scheme

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                Quite a few people I talk to are using a new scheme to save that bit extra to try and cover the potential liabilities of BN66. It was either that or face the prospect of bankruptcy.

Hi DR,

I have to say I have been contemplating the same thing, do you know what scheme they are using?

Comment

A friend & I have teamed up using a Ltd, although if Hector starts to 'play hard-ball' with IR35, then I'll be right back with MP like a shot.

I can certainly empathise with those people you mention, and wish them all the best.
                  Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Originally posted by Goinroamin View Post
                    Hi DR,

I have to say I have been contemplating the same thing, do you know what scheme they are using?
                    Contact NW or TQ - they will point you in the right direction.

Personally I am surprised anyone is going to MP - but I am pleased some are.

Comment

Yes I can understand that sentiment, people have to do whatever they can to find a way out of this mess. However, I'm agreed with smalldog, for whatever reason Monpellier do seem to be a specific target of HMRCs. That coupled with a clear warning from the treasury in this years budget that aggressive avoidance is unacceptable means anyone using the schemes available today must be at high risk in comparison to other options.
                      The climate today is very different than it was before Section58 2008 and while we have a genuine grievance to air, the same cannot be said if the same were to happen to scheme users of today.
                      Last edited by travellingknob; 25 October 2012, 14:30. Reason: clarification: ps. I mean all avoidance schemes not any specific one.

Comment

Working...
                      X