• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Like I did before, we would only present an aggregate summary.

If anyone in HMT etc wanted to see individual forms to check they were kosher, names would be redacted.
    fair enough then.

I assume one day it will come out in the appeals tribunal anyway.

Comment

Impact Assessment

Hi all,

We want to do an impact assessment of scheme users. This will be a useful piece of evidence to have when meeting Treasury officials and further down the road, and it's also something the Chair of the Treasury Select committee wanted.

Would you feel comfortable responding to something like this if we put a form on the website?

Thanks
      DR
      I'm happy enough to give the required info. Anything to help the cause.

Comment

Absolutely.

Hi all,

We want to do an impact assessment of scheme users. This will be a useful piece of evidence to have when meeting Treasury officials and further down the road, and it's also something the Chair of the Treasury Select committee wanted.

Would you feel comfortable responding to something like this if we put a form on the website?

Thanks
        DR

Yes.

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks
          DR
          No problem with whatever is required.

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks
            DR
            Count me in!!

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks
              DR
              Of Course.

Comment

Impact assessment

Hi all,

Thanks
                DR
                Yep - no problem. Thinking about it, the only reason I would be able to pay (heaven forbid) from 'liquid assets' is because I managed to remortgage at reasonable rates a couple of years ago to buy £200,000+ worth of CTDs. Not painless or cheap, and making it unlikely I'd be able to pay off my mortgage before I retire. Not exactly fat cat territory ! Not exactly happy about it !

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks
                  DR
                  No problem with that at all.

It might also be worth pointing out that even if you do have equity in your home what split is that between you and your partner. I for one had to put a large deposit into a house purchase 1 year ago just to even secure the mortgage due to the Banks hatred towards Self Employed. I doubt I'd even be able to take that equity out without loosing my home.

We could even include a family picture. I feel this is necessary to personalise our situations as this is not an attack against Google, Facebook or Starbucks - this is an attack against "a real person".
                  Last edited by lucozade; 15 November 2012, 11:41.

Comment

Another donation made

Another donation made!

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                      I doubt I'd even be able to take that equity out without loosing my home.
                      What he said.

Is there value in adding a tick list of likely impacts? e.g.

a) Forced house sale
                      b) relocation of family (pretty much zero chance of renting a house within five miles of my kids' school)
                      c) sell internal organs
                      d) bankruptcy
                      e) loss of trade

Comment

Working...
                      X