• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
    That's the way I read it.

He tries to re-buff the relevance of both TE63 & Davis' testamony
    I guess the NTRT team haven't met with DG yet then?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      You may be getting more joiners to NTRT Chaps!

Look out for JP Morgan news...
      The more the merrier. Strength in numbers and all that
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

NTRT email problems?

Are NTRT still having problems with email?

Was interesting to see that Amazon, Starbucks and Google had been dragged over the coals about tax avoidance yesterday. Are we to expect retrospective taxation against them I wonder? Hmmmm...... "all animals are equal"

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
          Are NTRT still having problems with email?

Was interesting to see that Amazon, Starbucks and Google had been dragged over the coals about tax avoidance yesterday. Are we to expect retrospective taxation against them I wonder? Hmmmm...... "all animals are equal"
          Im actually of the view they havent done anything wrong, if the law permitted them to act in that way and its legal then tough, and more fool the government for not having a more robust rule set. Im actually surprised more of them didnt say that actually, guess they are more concerned about public perception.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
            Im actually of the view they havent done anything wrong, if the law permitted them to act in that way and its legal then tough, and more fool the government for not having a more robust rule set. Im actually surprised more of them didnt say that actually, guess they are more concerned about public perception.
            Totally agree smalldog they didn't do anything wrong. However, never did we yet we are being pursued like we owe them billions. The tables need turning.
            Last edited by lucozade; 13 November 2012, 10:21. Reason: typo

Comment

Interesting point smalldog. The government seem to rely on the little guys not having enough money to dig out the injustices but are not worried about public opinion, whereas the big boys who can afford it dont want to be seen in a bad light to Joe Public. Genious !
              http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                The more the merrier. Strength in numbers and all that
                isnt it almost time for some christmas avatars, what'll it be this year Santa!

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
                  Interesting point smalldog. The government seem to rely on the little guys not having enough money to dig out the injustices but are not worried about public opinion, whereas the big boys who can afford it dont want to be seen in a bad light to Joe Public. Genious !
                  So, I wonder if the schemes the big guys use can be applied to the one man LTD's? MY issue with a lot of this is that if the rates werent so high people would be less inclined to avoid paying it, simple maths really. One thats been proven time and again but the government seems intent on trying to close these things down and end up chasing phantoms and end up earning less due to avoidance than if they had reduced the rate in the first place.

Its not different to the legal highs issue, make one illegal today and another one will be created tomorrow that isnt illegal. Exactly the same with tax avoidance schemes, close one, the creative chaps will find another one!!

Comment

Montpelier News letter

So, I wonder if the schemes the big guys use can be applied to the one man LTD's? MY issue with a lot of this is that if the rates werent so high people would be less inclined to avoid paying it, simple maths really. One thats been proven time and again but the government seems intent on trying to close these things down and end up chasing phantoms and end up earning less due to avoidance than if they had reduced the rate in the first place.

Its not different to the legal highs issue, make one illegal today and another one will be created tomorrow that isnt illegal. Exactly the same with tax avoidance schemes, close one, the creative chaps will find another one!!
                    Totally agree with your comments and in fact did anyone see the recent News Letter from Montpelier, where they said they were very much still open for business. If that is not two fingers to HMRC I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Goinroamin View Post
                      Totally agree with your comments and in fact did anyone see the recent News Letter from Montpelier, where they said they were very much still open for business. If that is not two fingers to HMRC I don't know what is.
                      Yeah I did notice that and thought hmmmm.... I for one hate running Limited companies. The risks are still high even when you think your clean as a whistle IR35 can still bite you.

Comment

Working...
                      X