• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauke obviously has no interest in S58. As far as he is concerned this was business of the previous administration which is done and dusted.

We are nothing more than a nuisance.

I'm sure he'd sign any old crap to get rid of us.

Comment

Serious question if someone could answer it:

If Gauke is consistently relying on the "fact" that HMRC has consistently maintained that the avoidance scheme does not work and notified users of this within the statutory time limits, and if this is not in fact the case, can we not ask for proof i.e. copies of the letters sent out to that effect within the time limits?

Appologies if I am being naive about whether they have any duty or obligation whatsoever to prove their arguments. Perhaps it doesn't make a blind bit of difference??

Comment

mmm I actually found it quite encouraging that someone had tried to draft a 'new' letter

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
          Serious question if someone could answer it:

If Gauke is consistently relying on the "fact" that HMRC has consistently maintained that the avoidance scheme does not work and notified users of this within the statutory time limits, and if this is not in fact the case, can we not ask for proof i.e. copies of the letters sent out to that effect within the time limits?

Appologies if I am being naive about whether they have any duty or obligation whatsoever to prove their arguments. Perhaps it doesn't make a blind bit of difference??
          Try an FoI request. Often ignored but occasionally gets somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            gauke is a grade one fooking toad putting out that bulltulip. I hope he chokes on his cornflake the duplicitous baarstard.
            Far better if it was a pretzel. He seems to have a lot in common with George Bush.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r View Post
              mmm I actually found it quite encouraging that someone had tried to draft a 'new' letter
              Just goes to show that Whitehouse are worth their fees in my mind - someone is rattled.

Comment

Sent the lastest Whitehoue letter off to my MP and he replied almost immediately. He said he'd speak with Fabian Hamilton to see what the current position is. His view is that a request to Gauke to meet with the campaign is better off going as one letter endorsed by many MPs rather than multiple identical letters from various MPs.
                Last edited by Taffia; 6 August 2012, 13:17. Reason: spelin

Comment

ECHR

Does anyone know if Monpelier will still submit our case to the ECHR?

I recall that there was a deadline for this.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
                    Does anyone know if Monpelier will still submit our case to the ECHR?

I recall that there was a deadline for this.

Thanks

The information you need is given in the latest NTRT newsletter.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
                      The information you need is given in the latest NTRT newsletter.
                      I am struggling to find the latest newsletter on the NTRT website. Where should I be looking?

Comment

Working...
                      X