• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
    ...wonder if he will hang himself..
    LBC just mentioned that Gauke's wife worked as a tax lawyer. Wonder if that was due to my text message to the programme
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      LBC just mentioned that Gauke's wife worked as a tax lawyer. Wonder if that was due to my text message to the programme
      Eammon Holmes mentioned it on SkyNews this morning too. I wonder if that was because of my tweet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        We are getting quite a few emails from people concerned that we are running out of money. Naturally no-one would want to make a further donation if the campaign was on its last legs.

Can I reassure everyone that this is absolutely NOT the case.

We already have enough in the kitty to cover Whitehouse for about another year. This is ring fenced.

The new money is to pay for DLA Piper to prepare the formal complaint against HMRC.
        Just bumping this so no-one misses it.

Comment

Donated.

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Just bumping this so no-one misses it.
          Further donation just made - keep up the good works guys.

And a very big "Thank You" thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
            Eammon Holmes mentioned it on SkyNews this morning too. I wonder if that was because of my tweet :-)
            Need to be careful with implying anything about Gauke's wife, guys. She might be offering advise on how to pay the maximum amount of tax possible, and thereby making themselves much poorer but morally superior. Sort of a karma thing so she and her hubby can know they've done their bit for humanity. No doubt her clients pay her a fortune for such advise which she ensures gets taxed at the highest possible rate. Damn, I really should look where I'm going when I type and walk, I've just trod on a Gauke.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
              Need to be careful with implying anything about Gauke's wife, guys. She might be offering advise on how to pay the maximum amount of tax possible, and thereby making themselves much poorer but morally superior. Sort of a karma thing so she and her hubby can know they've done their bit for humanity. No doubt her clients pay her a fortune for such advise which she ensures gets taxed at the highest possible rate. Damn, I really should look where I'm going when I type and walk, I've just trod on a Gauke.

MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

I very much doubt that a tax adviser would ever advise you to pay the maximum amount. If so why would anybody ever employ the services of one in the first place.

Eammon actually said on SkyNews - "I've just received an email to confirm she is a tax avoidance lawyer" or something close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                  I very much doubt that a tax adviser would ever advise you to pay the maximum amount. If so why would anybody ever employ the services of one in the first place.

Eammon actually said on SkyNews - "I've just received an email to confirm she is a tax avoidance lawyer" or something close to that.
                  I may not have been serious. Apart from the trod in a Gauke bit. Much worse than your normal dog tulip.

Comment

I may not have been serious. Apart from the trod in a Gauke bit. Much worse than your normal dog tulip.
                    Oops - only just noticed the smiley.

Twitter is having a field day with Mr Gauke.

That's a shame

Comment

Donation

Another donation sent, and happy to be able to help out.

Well done so far to all involved - keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                      X