• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freelance while full time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luxCon View Post

The irony of it is laughable. This is your post just earlier

Yes because contractually it's likely to be impossible.

You really are an idiot of the highest order. The fact you used a tax scheme in the past to avoid paying tax should tell us everything we need to know about you. It demonstrates (as does your posts in this thread) that you can't think through and identify the possible flaws in your idea.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You really are an idiot of the highest order. The fact you used a tax scheme in the past to avoid paying tax should tell us everything we need to know about you. It demonstrates (as does your posts in this thread) that you can't think through and identify the possible flaws in your idea.
      I never twigged he was that stupid. Makes sense now you point it out.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

As always with you eek, Why let Facts get in the way of your Narrative?

And me avoiding tax makes me an idiot?? Well, I still got the money I avoided, and triplet it over the last 15 years , and HMRC can come sniff my backside for ever, but they cant do jack about it

Who is the idiot now?

Comment

As always with you eek, Why let Facts get in the way of your Narrative?

And me avoiding tax makes me an idiot?? Well, I still got the money I avoided, and triplet it over the last 15 years , and HMRC can come sniff my backside for ever, but they cant do jack about it

Who is the idiot now?
          Let's wait and see shall we. I expect HMRC will have the last laugh.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What does your employment contract say?
            Just retrieved relevant lines from the contract letter.

unless prevented by ill-health or other unavoidable cause devote the whole of your working time, attention and abilities to carrying out your duties hereunder and will work such hours as may reasonably be required for the proper performance of your duties;

well and faithfully serve the company to the best of your ability and carry out your duties in a proper and efficient manner and use your utmost endeavours to promote and maintain the interests and reputation of the company

refrain from doing or permitting any matter which causes any regulatory authority in the UK or elsewhere to withdraw permission or in any way prevent the company from employing or otherwise using your services and refrain from doing or permitting any matter which is contrary to the interests of the company.

Because you are employed on an exclusive basis, you promise that you will not during the continuance of your employment either alone or jointly with or on behalf of others, whether directly or indirectly, engage in, carry on or be interested in or concerned in any other business trade or professional occupation whatsoever (without the prior consent in writing of The Company), otherwise than as a holder of no more than 10% in aggregate of any class of shares, debentures or other securities issued from time to time of any company which are listed for the time being quoted or dealt in on any recognized investment exchange. For the avoidance of doubt, you must declare all outside business interests that have the potential to conflict with the commercial interests of the company or which is likely to bring the company into disrepute in accordance with the policies on the Policy and Information Site. Such outside business interests include but are not limited to any outside employment, directorships or material shareholding.

Comment

OP - Looks like slam dunk to me. The company effectively owns you.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Based on the above, it would be a clear breach of contract and, if you proceed and hope they won’t find out, then you’re kidding yourself and deserve everything coming.

Comment

The irony of it is laughable. This is your post just earlier
                  No irony there. The fact is 99% of the time it is not possible to pull it off. People have added that it might be, but reality is that possibility is unlikely to materialise. I've just gone straight for what the outcome is most likely to be without giving any false hope. I've also gone on to explain exactly why with facts from his contract so I've also backed it up. I don't see you ever doing that.

If I'd opened with a sweeping statement that's utter hogwash then we've got our similiarities... but I didn't.

Oh, and BTW, looking at the contract terms he's posted I was absolutely right and technically the only person on the thread that was. You need to pick your fights a little better.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 11 November 2021, 19:14.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by user400058 View Post

Just retrieved relevant lines from the contract letter.

unless prevented by ill-health or other unavoidable cause devote the whole of your working time, attention and abilities to carrying out your duties hereunder and will work such hours as may reasonably be required for the proper performance of your duties;

well and faithfully serve the company to the best of your ability and carry out your duties in a proper and efficient manner and use your utmost endeavours to promote and maintain the interests and reputation of the company

refrain from doing or permitting any matter which causes any regulatory authority in the UK or elsewhere to withdraw permission or in any way prevent the company from employing or otherwise using your services and refrain from doing or permitting any matter which is contrary to the interests of the company.

Because you are employed on an exclusive basis, you promise that you will not during the continuance of your employment either alone or jointly with or on behalf of others, whether directly or indirectly, engage in, carry on or be interested in or concerned in any other business trade or professional occupation whatsoever (without the prior consent in writing of The Company), otherwise than as a holder of no more than 10% in aggregate of any class of shares, debentures or other securities issued from time to time of any company which are listed for the time being quoted or dealt in on any recognized investment exchange. For the avoidance of doubt, you must declare all outside business interests that have the potential to conflict with the commercial interests of the company or which is likely to bring the company into disrepute in accordance with the policies on the Policy and Information Site. Such outside business interests include but are not limited to any outside employment, directorships or material shareholding.
                    Wow. Why are you even asking us with that in your contract? It couldn't be any clearer. That states, with absolutely zero chance of doubt, you can't do what you are asking multiple times in no uncertain terms. How on earth did you think it was possible after reading that. The fact it says you are employed on an exclusive basis alone is more than enough.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They "could" contact their employer and ask for permission to do another job and the employer "could" give them permission.

Highly unlikely to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X