• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't use JSA group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't use JSA group

I don't think that I have ever done this before but I am beyond annoyed. If mod decides that this needs to be pulled, then all well and good.

Yes, I know it's the end of the year etc. Yes, I know that there is a global pandemic, yes I know that people are adapting to changing working situations but my complaint about these guys predates all of that.

My accountancy firm was taken over by JSA. Since then the service from them has been less than risible. Emails go unanswered, I can't submit my personal return on their crappy online system because I have rental income and their system doesn't account for that. They messed up (forgot) a capital gains tax submission in 2019 which only got resolved when I pointed out to them the time limit on submitting it.

Yet, they are still merrily direct debiting lots of money every month for doing Sweet Fanny Adams.

Seriously, I get that there is a global pandemic etc. etc. but these guys are a joke. Total joke. I have absolutely no idea of the status of my corporate account submission nor if I am going to be submitting a self assessment at the end of this month.

If ever you find yourselves talking to JSA accounts, I advise that you don't. Find a local accountant instead.

And if any other accountants want to take this on, sort out all four - count them, four invoices that my uk ltd company issued last year, wind up my UK ltd company and sort out a self assessment then I'm open to talk.

JSA. You need to take a very strong look at your service offering because it is easily the worst service that in 15 years of contracting I have *ever* seen.
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 19 February 2021, 07:17. Reason: Fixed typos

I have said for many years now: use an independent accountant rather than a firm where you are just a number.

I have used the same guy for the past 8 years and he has been quick and efficient and flexible on the accounts - doing both my IT and my Property accounts and advising on both. And the fee he charges is WAYYY less than some of you guys pay to the 'big' firms.

IT contractor accounting is the easiest piece of work for accountants. I am liquidating my company now - ending my contracting career - and my accountant has charged me just £120 extra for hours of extra work to get submissions in before the March 3rd budget.

BTW, he is local and yet I have NEVER had to meet him!

If you're unhappy, vote with your wallet.

Comment

As I said, I had a *great* accountant. Then they were taken over by JSA. Then it went bad.

It's my own fault, I guess. There were warning signs early on but I didn't act on them as I was distracted by other things. It goes without saying that I will be voting with my feet/wallet/trustpilot but after having watched them taking a monthly direct debit for the whole of 2020 and doing absolutely nothing, I'd quite like to get something for that money.

Comment

Similar situation here. I should've switched when I had a chance. Luckily mine have never had a problem with account for rental income. But I have been fighting daily to get the to act quickly when it's come to prepare for liquidation.

Comment

clearly, we're not alone - JSA Services Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of jsagroup.co.uk

Their disregard for their customers is very evident

Comment

Apparently their IT is in total melt down and it has been since last Friday. Anyone else impacted by this?

Comment

Another mug punter here. I actually terminated their services back in 1999 in my first stint of contracting as they had me doing most of their work for them.

Second time round and my good accountant was taken over by them a few years ago. Long story short, my accounts have been wrong for the last few years and have only just been corrected after I refused to sign off the latest year-end until they made the corrections I had told them about, and they had ignored, for the last eighteen months at least.

Thankfully I never trusted them to get my SA right and did it myself all these years.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 24 February 2021, 12:56.

Comment

Hi, New Member here.

Just added my 2.5p worth. My accountant co. was recently taken over by JSA. I really wish I had read some reviews earlier. I have been trying to wind my co. up for several months and there seems to be no progress, meanwhile they are taking money out of the acct for nothing in return and just stringing it out. Furthermore I need to complete my personal tax return and pay some tax because I took some money out of the co. but have not paid tax or NI. JSA was supposed to be preparing it and confirmed they had all the info needed. That was months ago and now they don't even respond to me asking where is my tax return. Time is running out, I asked for a senior accountant to call me ASAP, so far nothing. I am so fed up, I called them and asked if they have a complaints procedure and if so what is it. I seems they don't have one and I should instead contact a manager. When I asked for the contact details it was Tina, Kirsty or Donna in Admin. I asked if they are managers, not sure if the response was negative or positive, sort of a "Hmm".
                Totally unprofessional. I think I need to go to another accountant for help ASAP. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                  Hi, New Member here.

Just added my 2.5p worth. My accountant co. was recently taken over by JSA. I really wish I had read some reviews earlier. I have been trying to wind my co. up for several months and there seems to be no progress, meanwhile they are taking money out of the acct for nothing in return and just stringing it out. Furthermore I need to complete my personal tax return and pay some tax because I took some money out of the co. but have not paid tax or NI. JSA was supposed to be preparing it and confirmed they had all the info needed. That was months ago and now they don't even respond to me asking where is my tax return. Time is running out, I asked for a senior accountant to call me ASAP, so far nothing. I am so fed up, I called them and asked if they have a complaints procedure and if so what is it. I seems they don't have one and I should instead contact a manager. When I asked for the contact details it was Tina, Kirsty or Donna in Admin. I asked if they are managers, not sure if the response was negative or positive, sort of a "Hmm".
                  Totally unprofessional. I think I need to go to another accountant for help ASAP. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Mark
                  Maslins? Perhaps.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                    Hi, New Member here.

Thanks, Mark
                    If we only had an 'Accountant Recommendation' thread sticked at the top of this part of the forums hey...
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X