• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Don't use JSA group"

Collapse

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Scottm View Post

Don't worry about me. I've been running my incorporated business for nearly a decade now. Maybe you should ask yourself if your condescending replies really add anything to the conversation?
    Well done. One day you might get the hang of it then. Perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Scottm
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Sir or madam, with respect I really don't think it's me being "the dick".

One thing I can absolutely guarantee is that you aren't going to be you'd what you want to hear here. You'll be told the truth and if you can't understand that, then that's a pretty good indicator of who the dick really is.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you aren't up to taking the responsibility of running an incorporated business.

Good evening to you.
    Don't worry about me. I've been running my incorporated business for nearly a decade now. Maybe you should ask yourself if your condescending replies really add anything to the conversation?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied

Don't be a dick, I'm only asking for advice. When I originally signed up to Accountsnet in 2016 they required me to change my financial year end so that I would have paid them a full year before accounts were due to be filed. So yes, I am serious, I have paid them for a service up to July 2022 that they haven't yet delivered. Maybe you would willingly accept paying for services never delivered but I won't.
    Sir or madam, with respect I really don't think it's me being "the dick".

One thing I can absolutely guarantee is that you aren't going to be you'd what you want to hear here. You'll be told the truth and if you can't understand that, then that's a pretty good indicator of who the dick really is.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you aren't up to taking the responsibility of running an incorporated business.

Good evening to you.

Leave a comment:

• Scottm
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Now that you're no longer a client, what leverage do you have in order to persuade these people to do something for you?

It's you that is responsible for filing statutory documents for your company. How you do it is up to you. I think you need to ask yourself the question I just posed above.

Recover fees? What do you reckon. Seriously?
    Don't be a dick, I'm only asking for advice. When I originally signed up to Accountsnet in 2016 they required me to change my financial year end so that I would have paid them a full year before accounts were due to be filed. So yes, I am serious, I have paid them for a service up to July 2022 that they haven't yet delivered. Maybe you would willingly accept paying for services never delivered but I won't.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I'm in the same position as you now. Accounts were due end of April but extended to end of July. It's now August and my accountant seems to have stopped replying to my emails.
    I've already made the switch to Gorilla starting this month but Workwell formerly JSA formerly Accountsnet still owe me two years of accounts. Do I just accept the loss and pay Gorilla to file them for me? Is there any way to recuperate any of the fees I've paid for the last two years?
    Now that you're no longer a client, what leverage do you have in order to persuade these people to do something for you?

It's you that is responsible for filing statutory documents for your company. How you do it is up to you. I think you need to ask yourself the question I just posed above.

Recover fees? What do you reckon. Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• Scottm
    replied
    I'm in the same position as you now. Accounts were due end of April but extended to end of July. It's now August and my accountant seems to have stopped replying to my emails.
    I've already made the switch to Gorilla starting this month but Workwell formerly JSA formerly Accountsnet still owe me two years of accounts. Do I just accept the loss and pay Gorilla to file them for me? Is there any way to recuperate any of the fees I've paid for the last two years?

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    switch after year end accounts, Gorilla is basic but respond well and cost is reasonable

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    Tagging the keywords workwise and workwell so their new names are searchable.

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    In my opinion you at best off taking the hit and asking another accountant to on board you and do the accounts. Having up to date free agent account that you can transfer will help.

Leave a comment:

• JJUXI
    replied
    Hi Chilliman - I left soon after my post. I was also worried about the mess getting even greater if I switched but it turned out to be straightforward and the new accountant is trouble free. Here's hoping they don't get bought out too!

I guess a new accountant will start with your previously filed returns and then build up the report for the open year. If you're an IT contractor your accounts should be trivially straightforward - free agent does virtually all the run of the mill stuff anyway. This does beg the question how a large scale accountant can possibly have such a huge backlog that they're missing filing deadlines.

Leave a comment:

• chilliman
    replied
    I am in exactly the same boat as most of you. Joined them in March 2020 after my accountants ceased trading. I have since had 3 accountants managers, all repeating the same queries I made made sure they had sorted out when I moved accountants ie all the back data.

My accounts deadline submission was extended and now overdue and no sight of when it'll be completed. They just keep fobbing me off saying it'll be ready soon but I have no confidence in them. I call/email them a few times a week. I wish I took action earlier but have been with them for 2 years now.

What are my options? Should I change accountants now? I feel like there will be so much to catch up on if I move accountants now.. what if they do not transfer all the data correctly or dont have all the data in order to transfer!
    I have also asked for a complaints procedure and looked on their website but there is no such thing!

RasputinDude Monark could you share me what has happened since your post? I am trying to be hopeful that they will eventually resolve my issue.

​​​​​​​Thank you

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Monark View Post
    Hi, New Member here.

Just added my 2.5p worth. My accountant co. was recently taken over by JSA. I really wish I had read some reviews earlier. I have been trying to wind my co. up for several months and there seems to be no progress, meanwhile they are taking money out of the acct for nothing in return and just stringing it out. Furthermore I need to complete my personal tax return and pay some tax because I took some money out of the co. but have not paid tax or NI. JSA was supposed to be preparing it and confirmed they had all the info needed. That was months ago and now they don't even respond to me asking where is my tax return. Time is running out, I asked for a senior accountant to call me ASAP, so far nothing. I am so fed up, I called them and asked if they have a complaints procedure and if so what is it. I seems they don't have one and I should instead contact a manager. When I asked for the contact details it was Tina, Kirsty or Donna in Admin. I asked if they are managers, not sure if the response was negative or positive, sort of a "Hmm".
    Totally unprofessional. I think I need to go to another accountant for help ASAP. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Mark
    If we only had an 'Accountant Recommendation' thread sticked at the top of this part of the forums hey...

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Monark View Post
    Hi, New Member here.

Just added my 2.5p worth. My accountant co. was recently taken over by JSA. I really wish I had read some reviews earlier. I have been trying to wind my co. up for several months and there seems to be no progress, meanwhile they are taking money out of the acct for nothing in return and just stringing it out. Furthermore I need to complete my personal tax return and pay some tax because I took some money out of the co. but have not paid tax or NI. JSA was supposed to be preparing it and confirmed they had all the info needed. That was months ago and now they don't even respond to me asking where is my tax return. Time is running out, I asked for a senior accountant to call me ASAP, so far nothing. I am so fed up, I called them and asked if they have a complaints procedure and if so what is it. I seems they don't have one and I should instead contact a manager. When I asked for the contact details it was Tina, Kirsty or Donna in Admin. I asked if they are managers, not sure if the response was negative or positive, sort of a "Hmm".
    Totally unprofessional. I think I need to go to another accountant for help ASAP. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Mark
    Maslins? Perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Monark
    replied
    Hi, New Member here.

Thanks, Mark

Leave a comment:

• JJUXI
    replied
    Another mug punter here. I actually terminated their services back in 1999 in my first stint of contracting as they had me doing most of their work for them.

Second time round and my good accountant was taken over by them a few years ago. Long story short, my accounts have been wrong for the last few years and have only just been corrected after I refused to sign off the latest year-end until they made the corrections I had told them about, and they had ignored, for the last eighteen months at least.

Thankfully I never trusted them to get my SA right and did it myself all these years.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 24 February 2021, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X