• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

Confirmed further as now one of my APN's (05/06) is now not being asked for, (only the other later years are) in letter received today.

Comment

Just bumping this.

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      If any NTRT members, who don't have access to the private forum, need help

Please either

1) post your issue on this forum

OR

2) if it is more sensitive, email members AT notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Just bumping this.
        Hi

Is there any reason why HMRC are not accepting 2007 and 2008 appeal for APNs?

Comment

Originally posted by horrada View Post
          Hi

Is there any reason why HMRC are not accepting 2007 and 2008 appeal for APNs?
          Its to do with DOTAS notifiable.

Way round is to send the TAA letter. Or join the Montpelier JR.

Comment

Paying an APN with a CTD.

Hi,
            Does anyone have a link or details on how to pay an APN with CTD please?
            Also my CTD does not equate to the exact amount on the APN - any ideas what happens?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Freeboy View Post
              Hi,
              Does anyone have a link or details on how to pay an APN with CTD please?
              Also my CTD does not equate to the exact amount on the APN - any ideas what happens?

Thanks
              This is what someone else figured out.

CTD Office [HMRC, DMB 610, BX5 5AB]
              - send ORIGINAL CTD certificate to CTD office with details of the APN Payment Reference No. you;d like to allocation all or part of CTD against.
              - request new CTD for the remainder to be issued for original date of original CTD
              - keep scanned copy of your CTD certificate for your records

APN Office [from your APN]
              - send copy of all that to APN office so it gets on your file in case they start processing late payment letters etc (i.e. for safety to make sure internal HMRC comms are not relied upon)
              If you are not sure, phone the CTD and/or APN office.

Comment

Thanks...

This is what someone else figured out.

If you are not sure, phone the CTD and/or APN office.
                Thanks DR - much appreciated!

Comment

Still don't have access to the private forum?

Did you follow all the steps in the application process? (You need to be logged into the NTRT website to see this)
                  Application process

If you have done everything, and you still haven't got access to the forum then:

1) create an account on the forum
                  NTRT private forum

2) email us with the username you chose

members AT notoretrotax.org.uk
                  Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 10 July 2015, 10:29.

Comment

Not dead, just pining...

Good to see the forum is still somewhat alive. I've been rubbish at following events, have tried catching up with the status quo and I think I've missed the boat regarding TAA/NTRT. All the excuses - life just got in the way, and I also pretty much gave up hope I'm afraid.

Anyway, here's my situation, and I would greatly appreciate some opinion/thoughts as once I give money to HMRC, I know how hard it is to get it back from them, even when you're owed it.

- I have received two APNs, both have been replied to using MPs letters
                    - HMRC confirmed in writing that they will enforce the 06.07 APN.
                    - I have had telephone confirmation from HMRC (awaiting written confirmation) that the 05.06 APN is being "stood over" (their words not mine), which I think means it is going to be reconsidered and presumably reissued at some point.

I understand MP are going to challenge the APNs, but if they do and fail, do I end up with the additional charges on the APNs? If I pay one or both with my CTD, am I somehow admitting "it's all over" and giving up any further challenge?

Currently I am thinking of paying the 06.07 liability using some of the CTD I set up in (so long ago...) 2009, simply to avoid any charges being added to my bill.

By paying the APN, is there any admission that I am drawing a line under this? Do I need to add any special wording in my letter to HMRC in order to keep other avenues open ? ("I'm paying this APN but it is not a settlement...")?

For the 05.06 liability, I presume the deadline will shift into the future, rather than it being nulled completely.

Would greatly appreciate any expert opinion or comments. Apologies for the mishmash of questions, hope it makes sense to someone out there.

Comment

Originally posted by phileds View Post
                      Good to see the forum is still somewhat alive. I've been rubbish at following events, have tried catching up with the status quo and I think I've missed the boat regarding TAA/NTRT. All the excuses - life just got in the way, and I also pretty much gave up hope I'm afraid.

Anyway, here's my situation, and I would greatly appreciate some opinion/thoughts as once I give money to HMRC, I know how hard it is to get it back from them, even when you're owed it.

- I have received two APNs, both have been replied to using MPs letters
                      - HMRC confirmed in writing that they will enforce the 06.07 APN.
                      - I have had telephone confirmation from HMRC (awaiting written confirmation) that the 05.06 APN is being "stood over" (their words not mine), which I think means it is going to be reconsidered and presumably reissued at some point. Stood over means the APN has been put on hold until HMRC have reviewed the representation letter and reached a decision as to whether the APN stands or if they will withdraw it. If they write back to you saying the APN stands you will get another 30 days to pay it.

I understand MP are going to challenge the APNs, but if they do and fail, do I end up with the additional charges on the APNs? Possibly, probably, no-one is sure. If I pay one or both with my CTD, am I somehow admitting "it's all over" and giving up any further challenge? No.

Currently I am thinking of paying the 06.07 liability using some of the CTD I set up in (so long ago...) 2009, simply to avoid any charges being added to my bill.

By paying the APN, is there any admission that I am drawing a line under this? No. Do I need to add any special wording in my letter to HMRC in order to keep other avenues open ? ("I'm paying this APN but it is not a settlement...")? No.

For the 05.06 liability, I presume the deadline will shift into the future, rather than it being nulled completely. Yes, even if HMRC withdraw the APN, the underlying tax dispute still exists.

Would greatly appreciate any expert opinion or comments. Apologies for the mishmash of questions, hope it makes sense to someone out there.
                      See above.

Comment

Working...
                      X