• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisk80 View Post
    Hi,

apologies if my question has already been answered. I am planning to miss my APN date and wait for the JR review outcome before deciding whether to pay up. Does anyone know whether missing the APN date will impact my credit ratings, i.e. will it show on my credit score check? I will obviously write to HMRC explaining why I am not going to pay up by the APN date (not that it will make a huge difference).

Thanks
    My guess (and it is a guess) is that credit agencies are not able to access tax information and ONLY if a debt makes it to a public forum (Court, Companies House) or a place where information can be bought (credit card companies, finance companies, mortgage companies) will there be an impact on credit.

if you fail to pay the APN, there is potentially an ability for HMRC to got to court for the money. Until they do, providing information to a third party is a sacking offence.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Just to let you know that I am minded to remove the sticky to this thread as it is no longer the main forum for you guys and it's sitting on prime real estate for other contracting issues.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Any more news DR

NTRT newsletter, MP's JR?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Just to let you know that I am minded to remove the sticky to this thread as it is no longer the main forum for you guys and it's sitting on prime real estate for other contracting issues.
          Hi Cojak, I totally understand if you want to do that.

However, this forum still does serve a purpose for those not taking part in the Tax Agency Argument. The private forum is a safe place for those who have appealed under the TAA where they can discuss matters freely.

Thanks

Santa
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Hi Cojak, I totally understand if you want to do that.

However, this forum still does serve a purpose for those not taking part in the Tax Agency Argument. The private forum is a safe place for those who have appealed under the TAA where they can discuss matters freely.

Thanks

Santa
            It won't be closed Santa, people searching for help will still find it.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by nearlyover View Post
              NTRT newsletter, MP's JR?
              Last I heard the JR application was still being finalised.

We'll probably send the newsletter rather than waiting any longer.

Comment

The newsletter will be sent out around 10:00am tomorrow (to all members, not just TAA).
                Please check your spam folders of not received by Friday evening.

Cheers

Santa
                Last edited by SantaClaus; 30 July 2015, 18:45.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Thanks once again for the newsletter. Great work by NTRT.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                    My guess (and it is a guess) is that credit agencies are not able to access tax information and ONLY if a debt makes it to a public forum (Court, Companies House) or a place where information can be bought (credit card companies, finance companies, mortgage companies) will there be an impact on credit.

if you fail to pay the APN, there is potentially an ability for HMRC to got to court for the money. Until they do, providing information to a third party is a sacking offence.
                    Thank you for all the comments, they have been very helpful.

Comment

Cast Adrift

Are there any others out there who feel totally isolated and left for dead?

Comment

Working...
                      X