• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
    You can count on my contribution too, but it's a standing order which can't take effect immediately (as the bank needs notice to set it up, and there's a bank holiday etc etc).
    That happened to me so instead I sent the first payment manually and set a direct debit up from next month for 5 months

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
      You can count on my contribution too, but it's a standing order which can't take effect immediately (as the bank needs notice to set it up, and there's a bank holiday etc etc). Online application done, and will hunt for supporting docs over the weekend.

Big thank-you to all involved in setting this up: Sterling stuff, folks!
      Hi Morlock, I think the idea is to send an initial payment now and then setup the SO to kick in from 10th June. Thats what Ive done, first payment sent and SO set to expire after 5 payments.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        (However, I won't be satisfied unless we get a majority of our 600 members on board but that's just me.)
        Will be joining tonight.
        For the Security conscious (like me) I have spoken to CCW and confirmed NTRT involvement with them.
        Bring it on.
        Thanks

Comment

Message from NTRT chairman

If you’re completing the TAA application and concerned that you may not have all the CNs or assessments you need, please contact HMRC rather than Montpelier for them in the first instance. As long as your application is logged (you will receive an email to confirm this) we will wait until you have the papers. We will send the appeals in a series of batches, so if you don’t make the first batch you will be included in a later one.

Comment

Keen to join the fight - but a couple of questions

Hi,

I am really keen to get rid of this particular Sword of Damocles for a long time and joined NTRT. Happy to cough up more cash in support of the TAA argument, but I have an issue. Hope some light can be shed - if you want me to pm for email NTRT I am happy to do that instead. or maybe this is covered in the FAQ.

Having read through the registration details on the TAA forum, this issue surfaced for me and before I pony up the cash and registered, I just need clarification as to my eligibility.

I was on the MP DTA scheme since 2002 and although the assignments during this period were initiated through a recruitment agency, the client renegotiated after a period to loose the agency commission - not unreasonable given the %! I also operate through a PSC ltd from 2014.

So does the fact that, for the main part of my assignments during the 2002/8 period, I was not operating via a recruitment agency make me ineligible for TAA, and what effect will this have on my PSC status going forwards?

Thanks in advance - and thanks to everyone pushing this forwards. It is an incredible effort.

M

PS and apologies if that been covered elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              (However, I won't be satisfied unless we get a majority of our 600 members on board but that's just me.)
              Signed up and money sorted - good luck all

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by StellaFan View Post
                That happened to me so instead I sent the first payment manually and set a direct debit up from next month for 5 months

Signed up.

1 payment sent

SO for 5 months starting 10062015

Comment

Any point appealing an APN due 1st June?

Hi

My APN is due 1st June - have read the suggested appeal letter (although didn't fully understand it tbh)

Any point sending in the appeal - I can't see me getting a response before I'm due to pay

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                    Hi Morlock, I think the idea is to send an initial payment now and then setup the SO to kick in from 10th June. Thats what Ive done, first payment sent and SO set to expire after 5 payments.
                    Duh. It's been a long week!

First payment now made. And standing order duly amended. LOL.
                    Last edited by Morlock; 22 May 2015, 15:45.

Comment

1st payment made a couple of hours ago, rest on SO.
                      Not filled in the application form yet for two reasons:

- 1. Haven't got my tax payer ref to hand Will find at the weekend
                      - 2. I have had two pre APN warnings, one of them in relation to an illegal assessment they previously opened and closed. So far I have had only one APN - Do I list both of them on my application?

Oh and do we have an expected timescale for when the FFT would happen?

cheers & bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                      X