• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Personally I'd rather lodge my TAA appeal with the FTT than HMRC.
    Agree, we definitely need to press on with the FTT, going to HMRC is a delaying tactic, potentially putting them on the front foot again.

Is there a NTRT Newsletter on its way?
    Last edited by OneUnited; 1 May 2015, 07:59.

Comment

Personally I've no interest in crushing them. I know some want restitution but I suspect the majority, like me, just want an end to all this.

HMRC have made their position clear:

"... said that going forwards HMRC would have no further discussions on this matter on a global basis but if any scheme user wishes to amend their appeal grounds to this basis then the position will be reviewed for that person."

So we have no choice but to push ahead.
      It's another stall tactic. No doubt they will claim they've been overwhelmed while holding out for another slippery bit of legislation.

Comment

Personally I've no interest in crushing them. I know some want restitution but I suspect the majority, like me, just want an end to all this.

HMRC have made their position clear:

"... said that going forwards HMRC would have no further discussions on this matter on a global basis but if any scheme user wishes to amend their appeal grounds to this basis then the position will be reviewed for that person."

So we have no choice but to push ahead.
        Sham where there was none, now this. Surely this is a get out for some later stage "...well Mlud, we did offer users an alternative but they refused it". "Yes, we respect you did all you could HM". Outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
          Agree, we definitely need to press on with the FTT, going to HMRC is a delaying tactic, potentially putting them on the front foot again.
          As I've said before, delay only benefits HMRC.

Ask yourself this, and don't post an answer.

What are HMRC waiting to get?

Comment

As I've said before, delay only benefits HMRC.

Ask yourself this, and don't post an answer.

What are HMRC waiting to get?
            I edited my original post re-NTRT Newsletter any update

Comment

The last NTRT newsletter (2nd April) promised that a template letter on a certain subject would be made available within 2 weeks. Is this advice still good, and if so any sign of the template?

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                The last NTRT newsletter (2nd April) promised that a template letter on a certain subject would be made available within 2 weeks. Is this advice still good, and if so any sign of the template?
                In light of the meeting, we are currently reviewing with CCW.

Expect a newsletter within the next fortnight.

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bananarepublic View Post
                      Complaints so far have gone no where.

If you want to stamp on someone's head - metaphorically speaking - I can't see a better way of doing that than winning.
                      They act with impunity. This needs to end as a deterrent. At present their behaviour in completely unchecked.

The other reason, is the ecstatic joy of seeing the snivelling weasels being accused. The discomfort and stress..... that's what they need to feel, the risk of real loss.

There are those that don't want revenge, fine. Personally, in life, I firmly believe in immediate escalation to anyone who f*cks with me. It is *the only* way to shut down bully boys.

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

Working...
                      X