• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request from Chairman of NTRT

He has asked if we could show restraint in reference to the HMRC officers.

This is my fault for stirring it up and naming them.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Request from Chairman of NTRT

He has asked if we could show restraint in reference to the HMRC officers.

This is my fault for stirring it up and naming them.
      Thank you.

Let's face it naming any shaming won't get us anywhere. In fact likely the reverse.

The idea of succeeding in some witch hunt against individuals is ridiculous wishful thinking.

If we want revenge it would be best served with us winning in a calm and dignified way.
      Last edited by bananarepublic; 1 May 2015, 06:45.

Comment

Back to far more important matters.....

.... DR is now Godlike....

Barely halfway there myself

Thought of a custom title yet ? - or at least one that Admin will allow

Comment

Originally posted by orientalist View Post
          As tsun tzu says: victory is not crushing your enemy, it's arriving at a place where the alternatives for them are unacceptable, both sides would do well to heed this...
          Personally I've no interest in crushing them. I know some want restitution but I suspect the majority, like me, just want an end to all this.

HMRC have made their position clear:

"... said that going forwards HMRC would have no further discussions on this matter on a global basis but if any scheme user wishes to amend their appeal grounds to this basis then the position will be reviewed for that person."

So we have no choice but to push ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by bananarepublic View Post
            Thank you.

Let's face it naming any shaming won't get us anywhere. In fact likely the reverse.

The idea of succeeding in some witch hunt against individuals is ridiculous wishful thinking. Of which over the years these forums have been replete.

If we want revenge it would be best served with us winning in a calm and dignified way.
            Why is it wishful thinking?

If they have neglected their legal duty then there is a case to answer. I want that case answered.

I am not libelling anyone, nor making any illegal statements, and I see no reason to go easy on any HMRC individuals. I want them ruined for what they have done.

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

HMRC have made their position clear:

"... said that going forwards HMRC would have no further discussions on this matter on a global basis but if any scheme user wishes to amend their appeal grounds to this basis then the position will be reviewed for that person."

So we have no choice but to push ahead.
              That's a very interesting statement from HMRC. At the risk of wishful thinking that sounds like a subtle change in position. Like they know there is a case but they want to try and avoid an embarrassing FTTT case. Brush us under the carpet....

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
                Why is it wishful thinking?

If they have neglected their legal duty then there is a case to answer. I want that case answered.

I am not libelling anyone, nor making any illegal statements, and I see no reason to go easy on any HMRC individuals. I want them ruined for what they have done.

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece
                Complaints so far have gone no where.

If you want to stamp on someone's head - metaphorically speaking - I can't see a better way of doing that than winning.

Comment

That's a very interesting statement from HMRC. At the risk of wishful thinking that sounds like a subtle change in position. Like they know there is a case but they want to try and avoid an embarrassing FTTT case. Brush us under the carpet....
                  I wouldn't read too much into it, other that they are not willing to discuss a global solution.

Does that mean if everyone writes to them, amending their appeal, they will just drop the matter?

Somehow I doubt it.

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into it, other that they are not willing to discuss a global solution.

Does that mean if everyone writes to them, amending their appeal, they will just drop the matter?

Somehow I doubt it.
                    No I don't think it is going to be quite that easy. I think it means that they will look at each return individually in the first instance. In some cases they may allow the appeal. Not to say that in others an FTTT won't result.

Aren't HMRC basically saying what our legal advisors said?

Comment

No I don't think it is going to be quite that easy. I think it means that they will look at each return individually in the first instance. In some cases they may allow the appeal. Not to say that in others an FTTT won't result.

Aren't HMRC basically saying what our legal advisors said?
                      Personally I'd rather lodge my TAA appeal with the FTT than HMRC.

Comment

Working...
                      X