• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
    I suggest that we all write to David Lamb HMRC who knows that we have no case to answer asking why this is not being dropped immediately. Of course recorded delivery and of course circulated to Lin Homer and her direct reports.

If he is serious about taking his nonsensical claim of deliberate and systematic fraud any further against 3000 IT consultants I suggest he get on with it. As I have mentioned in a previous post I have already taken advice on this far-fetched and ridiculous concept and it will never see the light of day in a courtroom

Alternatively a Freedom of Information Request asking what grounds David Lamb HMRC has to continue action against us given that they have had on the record meetings with us where they have admitted that they have no case against us.

In addition they have already accepted that they have no case against us by their settlement with 'George'.

David Lamb HMRC knows that he is behaving both illegally and immorally towards us now.

I encourage everyone who mentions his name now to also add HMRC so that his mendacity and cowardice comes up loud and clear in Google if anyone searches on his name. It's easy just too easy to hide behind your desk.

Just remember these guys would be merciless in taking us for everything. They'd have no scruples about driving us into bankruptcy regardless of the fact that we make a significant contribution to the UK economy.
    WHS, lets all write to him....I dont care anymore, theyve got it coming to em!
    Last edited by smalldog; 30 April 2015, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
      It's a pity the meeting wasn't recorded on a mobile or dictaphone!
      Nah, we're not interested in arguing the toss over minutes. We're done talking to them.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Nah, we're not interested in arguing the toss over minutes. We're done talking to them.
        I'm sure someone from our side of the fence can also produce accurate minutes of the meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
          I'm sure someone from our side of the fence can also produce accurate minutes of the meeting.
          I agree, otherwise 6/12 months down the line, their minutes will be the only document available...and will/may be considered an accurate reflection of the meeting, which makes me feel a bit

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            As tsun tzu says: victory is not crushing your enemy, it's arriving at a place where the alternatives for them are unacceptable, both sides would do well to heed this...

Comment

Originally posted by Askey View Post
              I agree, otherwise 6/12 months down the line, their minutes will be the only document available...and will/may be considered an accurate reflection of the meeting, which makes me feel a bit
              I think accurate minutes written by NTRT, notorised and sent to them are important. These should be sent at the same time of the official objection to their minutes.
              Also, for all official communication foreword.

You know the scum will try and pull any tulip they can, there are no rules. Don't give them any wiggle room on anything - and make it clear that ALL bases are watertight from here on in, they won't be able to lie and misquote anyone again.

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

One thing I'd like to add is, keep on alert, keep thinking what their next move could be....

They'd love us to be complacent for months while we rest easy, pleased with their "fraud" desperation, perhaps missing their real play....

Comment

Originally posted by orientalist View Post
                  As tsun tzu says: victory is not crushing your enemy, it's arriving at a place where the alternatives for them are unacceptable, both sides would do well to heed this...
                  Sorry, but I want my pound of flesh. Ideally several pounds.

Once this is over, I'll be willing to put my CTD money towards crucifying the individuals responsible - A merciless legal campaign to see them ruined professionally and hopefully financially too. Anything less than this wouldn't seem "fair" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
                    Sorry, but I want my pound of flesh. Ideally several pounds.

Once this is over, I'll be willing to put my CTD money towards crucifying the individuals responsible - A merciless legal campaign to see them ruined professionally and hopefully financially too. Anything less than this wouldn't seem "fair" to me.

Much as I agree that the people concerned have earned some comeuppance, I really doubt they'll face anything more than red faces and an internal slap. I can't see that any of this is actionable against individuals in HMRC, or indeed that anything we might fling at HMRC as an entity would succeed or provide anything meaningful to us in terms of compensation (it's really revenge after all). I would also question the wisdom of making statements like this on a public forum that we know is perused by the people concerned.

The best outcome for us is a stay on the APNs by the JR, a win at FTT and a further win at appeal (which they're bound to do). Then we can lay it all to rest and forget it.

Comment

We have a bargaining chip, we can say if they drop all of this we won't go after individuals in terms of follow on civil action and misfeance. Maybe they feel cornered and feel the need to fight on, we've talked on here about prosecuting individuals so who knows. Might not just be us feeling the heat.

Comment

Working...
                      X