• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if you are struggling to pay then the extra time helps, not much though. Representation is what MP have advised

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
      well obvioulsy - but only if you are 100% sure that the penalties dont get lumped on regardless ...

personally i dont see how when if they suspend it the penaltities still stand - but if you write in any kind of nonsense you might want it would stop the clock.. seems illogical

where is it wirten in black and white that representation stops panalty and surchaged deadlines?
      https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-f-notices.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        This is the type of post that should be in some sort of summary thread! Luckily I was bored so went back through - but good chance I could have missed it. And I suspect many will miss it...
        I bet a certain young sheep didn't miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          thanks - as i say - would have been nice if mp had pointed that bit out !!!!!

Comment

Please can you summarise

Comment

Originally posted by mrkitchen View Post
              Please can you summarise
              What do you want summarising?

Comment

Originally posted by mrkitchen View Post
                Please can you summarise
                HMRC are gonna roast us and eat us (with some mint sauce)
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  HMRC are gonna roast us and eat us (with some mint sauce)
                  Roast donkey and mint sauce?

I know something that goes better with mint sauce.

But it's got to be butchered right first and even better if it's hung for 10 days.
                  Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 30 April 2015, 15:50.

Comment

Sorry reading thread on mobile missed 2.5.5

Comment

Shocking State of Affairs

Given HMRC now know they have no case against us it is appalling that they do not immediately revoke any APNs which have been issued and close this down once and for all.

This should not need to be dragged through the courts - it is a further waste of time and money.

HMRC literature is dripping with comments about treating people fairly - well this is their chance to put that into action - drop this charade immediately and let people get on with their lives.

It is outrageous that people involved with this can still lose everything through bankruptcy despite the fact that senior staff in HMRC now know that there is no case to answer.

As for the ludicrous idea of pursuing us for fraud - more time and effort wasted - of both us and the taxpayer. A grand conspiracy of 3000 IT experts de-frauding HMRC - it's a joke surely.

Certain civil servants need to accept that they have lost and move on - we all know who they are - sitting on their hands for the next year while this drags through the FTT is a dreadful way to behave and ultimately I expect will open them up to official complaints of negligence and bloody-mindlessness towards us.

On another note - I'm not sure why we're being so coy about naming the civil servants who are up to their necks in this fiasco. Let's get their names out there. They are categorically abusing their power and neglecting their duties.

Comment

Working...
                      X