• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    Hi all,
    I've had the usual APN warning letters, then actual APN letters, for a handful of years 2005+. Duly sent off to MontP for info.

This weekend an HMRC brown-lope hits the mat containing a notice of withdrawal for each of the APNs just raised. No explanation, just a simple and short apology.

Anyone else receive withdrawals?
    What?????

Let's hope they are on the way, did you/ mp communicate with them in anyway? I assume the cn's are still valid?

Comment

Hi all,
      I've had the usual APN warning letters, then actual APN letters, for a handful of years 2005+. Duly sent off to MontP for info.

This weekend an HMRC brown-lope hits the mat containing a notice of withdrawal for each of the APNs just raised. No explanation, just a simple and short apology.

Wow! Amazing!

Please forward those onto Montpelier and NTRT(I bet you already did!). And well done for letting us know.

Congratulations! I hope its not just good news for you but good news for others too.

Comment

Hi all,

Blimey - thanks for posting. Did the amounts they were asking seem correct in the withdrawn APNs you received previously? I'm wondering if they've started rolling them out with NI attached...sorry to p1ss on the optimism.

Comment

Hi all,

Well played that chap!!

Now that would be an interesting project to discover why it happened.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi all,

Were they delivered by The Tooth Fairy or The Easter Bunny? I'm dying to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
              Were they delivered by The Tooth Fairy or The Easter Bunny? I'm dying to know.
              So the original's a wind-up?

Comment

Interesting. Hope they don't reissue you an "improved" batch...
                Any theory as to why these were withdrawn?
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  Interesting. Hope they don't reissue you an "improved" batch...
                  Any theory as to why these were withdrawn?
                  As said above, it could be so they can re-issue with NICs included. I remember someone mentioning on here that the NI was going to be sent out separately...maybe they've incorporated it into new APNs going forward

Comment

Unfortunately I doubt it's due to a change of heart, more like an admin error or as some have said nics or something else. Would love to think they've changed their mind of course!

Comment

Same here

I have had the same letter withdrawing all the APN's saying they were issued in error. Not forwarded withdrawal letters to Montpelier yet

Comment

Working...
                      X