• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, signed up, paid and paperwork in an envelope and on it's way!

Comment

Right, first payment made and SO set up. Hopefully all docs printed out tomorrow and will be posted the day after.

Does the SO need a specific payment date for NTRT ie is every month on the 25 ok or must we state some common date?

Here we go!
      Last edited by BolshieBastard; 25 May 2015, 19:31.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
        Hi. Sorry about this but my head is fried... If I sign up to this now, in simple terms if there is a FTT win, is that it or do they appeal and it goes on and on? Just cannot take much more. Also what if we lose at the FTT. Is that it? I read the email and nothing is registering in my head. If someone has answered it prior, my apologies.
        If we win or lose appeals can go all the way to the Supreme Court. So it may drag on. Or it may not. Legally it is very risky for HMRC to go past the FTT because if they lose a legal precedent will be set.

However, my view is that I am fed up with being a victim. Along with 250 others I am prepared to stand up against HMRC and stick it to them. Even if we don't win this will be some consolation for me.

Comment

Count me in..

... in process of signing for the fight... need to get the docs and money...

Comment

Originally posted by bananarepublic View Post
            If we win or lose appeals can go all the way to the Supreme Court. So it may drag on. Or it may not. Legally it is very risky for HMRC to go past the FTT because if they lose a legal precedent will be set.

However, my view is that I am fed up with being a victim. Along with 250 others I am prepared to stand up against HMRC and stick it to them. Even if we don't win this will be some consolation for me.
            Thanks for replying. Had a family illnes that has taken presidence this weekend and my head still fried. Lets see if I can login and pay by installments. Will let you know later how I get on.

On the note of paperwork which one do I send as the last one has the numbers on it...
            The first letter in December 2008 I received says.... "Section 9A TMA 1970 Notice' for 2007 tax return. Then I got one titled.."Information about our check of your self asssessment tax return - year ended 5 April 2007". Then then has the amended bill on it. I also have them for 2006 and 2008, which were done way past this one.

Thanks

PS... Found the answer will registering... together with copies of the HMRC closure notices or tax assessments for the tax years covered by your appeal
            Last edited by TheFlyer; 25 May 2015, 20:37. Reason: Found the answer: together with copies of the HMRC closure notices or tax assessments for the tax years covered by your appea

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              The Agency Argument. As in the Agency legislation.
              https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...g_examples.pdf
              RMC - this ain't some obscure piece of tax law - this is bread and butter stuff.

How they hell did they miss this - takes incompetence to a whole new level.

Comment

Did anyone not get a confirmation email?

I have done step one but got no confirmation email. Maybe I had a typo in my email address. Anyone know what I should do?

Have printed the forms and paid my first instalment. Will post it all tomooorw and set up the next 5 payments at the 10th of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
                  I have done step one but got no confirmation email. Maybe I had a typo in my email address. Anyone know what I should do?

Have printed the forms and paid my first instalment. Will post it all tomooorw and set up the next 5 payments at the 10th of the month.
                  Hi TheFlyer

I've just checked and we have had your application - it's possible your notification went to spam.

Cheers

Santa
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

282 applications so far - thats a £253,800 fighting fund!
                    I expect we will hit 300 signups by the morning.

Happy bank holiday, HMRC.
                    Last edited by SantaClaus; 25 May 2015, 21:22.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                      Hi TheFlyer

I've just checked and we have had your application - it's possible your notification went to spam.

Cheers

Santa
                      Thanks Santa. Not in my spam and it just arrived.. More yahoo email magic.

Let the batter begin...

Comment

Working...
                      X