• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 AM meeting cancelled.

The "BA" has finally got the concept that you cannot aggregate data that has missing rows and orphans in different hierarchical levels.
    Then get the results to be fully additive
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning all Nice day out. The Dog (tw) enjoyed her walk earlier.
      I've just been on an anline chat with BT. My promised 44Mb broadband hasn't been above 4 for the last 2 days.
      He sends me a link to do a broadband test, but needs to be plugged in to the router (which is in a different room). I take my laptop in, find another network cable and run the test. 51Mb.
      I go to the first router on the chain of them around the house. 51Mb
      I go to the next one (in the office) now giving me 51Mb.

I tell him that it's 51Mb, but that it definitely was 4Mb earlier.
      He says "yes, I refreshed your line while you were setting up the computer"

:grr but at least it's working now!
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all Nice day out. The Dog (tw) enjoyed her walk earlier.
        I've just been on an anline chat with BT. My promised 44Mb broadband hasn't been above 4 for the last 2 days.
        He sends me a link to do a broadband test, but needs to be plugged in to the router (which is in a different room). I take my laptop in, find another network cable and run the test. 51Mb.
        I go to the first router on the chain of them around the house. 51Mb
        I go to the next one (in the office) now giving me 51Mb.

I tell him that it's 51Mb, but that it definitely was 4Mb earlier.
        He says "yes, I refreshed your line while you were setting up the computer"

:grr but at least it's working now!
        394M at the moment - only from the router or the garage - rest of the house is 200 due to wifi limits...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          394M at the moment - only from the router or the garage - rest of the house is 200 due to wifi limits...
          When I first moved here 8 years ago, our house was one of only 4 to have "broadband". We got a whole 256k on a good day. Remarkable how much you can do with that speed if you're very careful.
          When the area moved to Infinity, we got up to 1Mb on normal broadband, then it jumped to 14Mb on Infinity. This then fell back as more people in the area came on board and was back down to about 5Mb.
          BT switched cabinets recently and we were promised 38Mb.
          Now we've got 51Mb. That means The Dog (tw) and The Chickens (tf) can now have their web access back. If The Wife (tm) behaves herself, I might release the throttle on her connection.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            10 AM meeting cancelled.

The "BA" has finally got the concept that you cannot aggregate data that has missing rows and orphans in different hierarchical levels.
            Then get the results to be fully additive
            bloody hell is he looking for a job? He would win hands down against some of ours!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch is the rest of the chicken tikka fillets from Tuesday, in an oatmeal roll

I found out this morning that I'd eaten the last of the crisps though

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                bloody hell is he looking for a job? He would win hands down against some of ours!
                The most worrying bit is he's not alone.
                Anyway simple toy town level example provided which will hopefully keep them quiet for a bit.

The main trouble is they have problems remembering conversations we had 3 months ago
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Anyone like to help me win a pair of skis?

There's a competition on pugski.com to win a pair of K2 skis, you had to take a photo on 4th July that celebrated K2 skis. I took the photo of my K2 Seth Pistols - they are the ones with Union Jack bases.
                  If you have 2 minutes to sign up to the site and then vote for my photo, then I might get one of the 4 pairs being given away.
                  Photo is here: (if it doesn't take you to post 15, then scroll to it. My username is WTFH.

http://forum.pugski.com/threads/k2-c...1/#post-123714

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    The most worrying bit is he's not alone.
                    Anyway simple toy town level example provided which will hopefully keep them quiet for a bit.

The main trouble is they have problems remembering conversations we had 3 months ago
                    The offshore team on a project I've just ensured isn't mine has trouble remembering conversations from the morning session let alone the previous day...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      The offshore team on a project I've just ensured isn't mine has trouble remembering conversations from the morning session let alone the previous day...
                      Its just the lack of understanding with regards to re-organizing your hierarchy and therefore your grain of data they have trouble understanding.

There are always some clowns that want to stick to what they are doing even though the source systems and all the methodology changes could never support it.

Rant Over.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X