• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Now, what to have for lunch? I believe there's bacon in the fridge…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Links are up

Now, what to have for lunch? I believe there's bacon in the fridge…
      But you won't be sure until you look? Is this Quantum Bacon? Schrodinger s Bacon? Bacon, but know as we know it?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        But you won't be sure until you look? Is this Quantum Bacon? Schrodinger s Bacon? Bacon, but know as we know it?
        "If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties." - Francis Bacon.

Comment

Bacon yesterday, Bacon tomorrow, but never Bacon today

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            is this still the pissy old lady house? - was wondering how that was going.
            you stopped giving updates
            Pissy old ladies' gaff, yep.

Progress has slowed due to the perennial cold and dark, and numerous frustrating setbacks. However, we are back in the game now, especially with this hoist thingy doing the most needful lifting.

Comment

Gah! All this time i've been referring to this:

as a 'spinny thing' or 'what used to be an hourglass' when in actual fact it's called a throbber. Think of the years of wasted innuendo opportunities. I'm genuinely upset at this.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Gah! All this time i've been referring to this:

as a 'spinny thing' or 'what used to be an hourglass' when in actual fact it's called a throbber. Think of the years of wasted innuendo opportunities. I'm genuinely upset at this.
                That's a big throbber you've got there, Barry. Mine is far smaller and it annoys my wife when it lasts more than a few seconds.

But I can't think of any innuendo.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Popped otu briefly, and its not too bad out there - still not that warm, and there's a nippy breeze, but almost all the snow has melted in the sunshine

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Popped otu briefly, and its not too bad out there - still not that warm, and there's a nippy breeze, but almost all the snow has melted in the sunshine
                    *out

Where's autocorrect when you need it?

Comment

Cleaned the deep fat fryer. I also got a new basket for it over the weekend, as the old one was rather badly encrusted in some areas after however many years of use

Now waiting for a huge batch of chips to dry after the boiling phase, so I can move on to phase two.

Comment

Working...
                      X