• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abu Dhabi. Possibly the best flight I've ever had - felt better after it than when I got on the plane. Lots of sleep, and watched Darkest Hour. Fillet steak for dinner (overcooked but still good) and a very nice gin on the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Abu Dhabi. Possibly the best flight I've ever had - felt better after it than when I got on the plane. Lots of sleep, and watched Darkest Hour. Fillet steak for dinner (overcooked but still good) and a very nice gin on the menu.
      Globetrotting TPD FTW

Comment

Tonight's movie mayhem commenced with Wonder Woman (2017). I'm not big on superhero stuff, but people - and particularly women - raved about this on Twitter when it came out last year, so I thought I'd give it a go.

What a stonkingly, rip-roaringly excellent film! I bloody loved it

Spoiler alert, etc.

Minor nitpicks: yes, Edwardian England was different to modern society and it's possible to find some humour in those differences. Let's not devote too much time to that rather nugatory source of amusement, please. (Cf. that second Sherlock Holmes film doing the same thing with London about twenty years earlier.) But that was only ten minutes or so, thankfully.

Also: when we moved down south in the early 1970s, I used to go horse riding in the environs of the Shuttleworth Collection's airfield, so I became very familiar with the way WWI aircraft fly, and take off, and land, as I saw these things happening almost every week. I don't think that early bit of the film with him flying around the German airfield was very accurate in aerodynamic terms.

But, as I say, minor nitpicks; it's a bloody good film even if you don't know or care who's DC and who's Marvel, and I highly recommend it

As some bits of the action reminded me of it, I then rewatched The Matrix (1999), which I hadn't watched for a bit. Still excellent, and it's always amusing to remember how amazing That Phone seemed at the time, compared to how clunky it seems now

And then episode 2 of The Deuce, which is good, but doesn't seem to have the same edge as The Wire, possibly because David Simon had experienced the street scene depicted in the latter personally, as recounted in his books Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets and The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighbourhood. But it's still good stuff.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all quite a bit of overnight snow here.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, with a goodish amount of snow still lying around

Comment

Just popped over to the shop. It's cold out

Judging by the volume and attire of the foot traffic, the football lot must be having one of their playdays.

Comment

Snowing pretty hard here now - went down a path in the woods with The Dog (tw), when we got back onto the original path on the return, maybe 20 mins later, you couldn’t see our tracks
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This thing I've made to harvest links from Twitter is saving me loads of time

Not that I'm doing much with said time

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    slow cooker roast chicken.

Just throw it in the slowcooker, DONE!
                    Doing this today. It's been absolute torture as the aroma has gradually permeated the whole place, but it'll be ready soon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Doing this today. It's been absolute torture as the aroma has gradually permeated the whole place, but it'll be ready soon
                      I'm definitely a convert to the slow cooker, - thanks mr fitz

fukushima class chicken curry today, because Those Scotch Bonnets Need To Be Eaten

Comment

Working...
                      X