• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head stopped hurting and now hurts again.

In other news I forgot to tell Amazon to send the cables I ordered to the locker. Luckily they fitted through the letter box.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Head stopped hurting and now hurts again.

In other news I forgot to tell Amazon to send the cables I ordered to the locker. Luckily they fitted through the letter box.
      I've set the locker as my default delivery address to avoid such potential problems

Comment

TFBSZ. Just watched Ferrari International Assistance deny Max Verstapen from the podium.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dinner has been roast shoulder of lamb with the usual trimmings, and it was very nice indeed

Nice starry sky, in parts, out there tonight

Comment

After a bit more Vietnam war stuff with dinner, tonight's main feature was Miss Sloane, in which the venial, corrupt, morally empty politics of an utterly rotten and shoddily-run banana republic the leader of the free world and defender of democracy, the God-given US of A, get a new one torn for them by a political lobbyist. I enjoyed it

I can't remember if it's in a later season of The West Wing or somewhere else that I heard this, but apparently a US senator or congressman/congresswoman needs, from the day they're elected, to raise something like $100,000 a week in actual cash merely to fund their campaign to be re-elected next time around, which explains why they feel the need to spend all their time pandering to corporate interests and the desires of the wealthy, yet feel no need to spend any time at all doing anything for the benefit of the electorate. That's pretty much the basis for this film, but it also offers a good look at the whole industry of lies and misrepresentation that underpins the whole stinking apparatus. It should be shown in civics lessons in American schools, but I somehow doubt it will be

And after that, a further episode of The Americans while I consumed a hot toddy, purely for its health-giving properties

Goodnight all

Comment

At least today is links day.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

How are you?

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are you?
                    Not bad, you?

I’m thinking about ordering a tank. Some bloke posted a vid on Facebook, I didn’t watch it all, but I think it was for taking out cyclists.

Comment

From the state of my throat, I think it's safe to assume i've got NF's lurgy coming on. I expect he sneezed on last weeks links or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X