• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two trips down to the dump this morning.

First with a load of accumulated crap, the second with the middle bedroom carpet with associated underlay.

The carpet goes in the skipless carpet skip, whilst the underlay goes in the unbagged household waste skipped skip.

Glad we've cleared that up.

Lunch is a snack today, I shall cook the lamb steak with associated lamb's heart for tea.

The relatives will have to shift for themselves coz I'm done.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

FFS. The Python cookbook I use for deploying servers includes a test for the version of pip (Python's package manager) installed, as it needs version 6.1.0 and up.

Now available, and installed by default: pip 10.0.0.

And now it fails the version test, which stops everything

A look at the source code reveals that he uses a regular expression to check the version number, and sure enough, it manages to decode 10 as 1, decides that's less than 6, and throws its hands up in dismay

After some digging through the docs, I found an option to specify the pip version. So now there's a warning that the new version is available every time, but at least it doesn't bomb out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        FFS. The Python cookbook I use for deploying servers includes a test for the version of pip (Python's package manager) installed, as it needs version 6.1.0 and up.

Now available, and installed by default: pip 10.0.0.

And now it fails the version test, which stops everything

A look at the source code reveals that he uses a regular expression to check the version number, and sure enough, it manages to decode 10 as 1, decides that's less than 6, and throws its hands up in dismay

After some digging through the docs, I found an option to specify the pip version. So now there's a warning that the new version is available every time, but at least it doesn't bomb out
        yep such a common failure, I seem to remember some M$ version checking code that blew up like that .
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's quieter in here than Specifically in General.

Even with the banning of The B Word, it's still a bear garden in there.

Speaking as a long time lurker.

And just think, if M$ installer hadn't blown up on Win9x, then we'd have been deprived of the joys of Windoze 10.

Gawdelpus.

Currently cooking my tea, which shall consist of some minted lamb steaks (Morrisons, reduced), along with a nice roasted lamb's heart.

This last was only semithawed when I took it out of the fridge and sticking it in the microwave for a quick nuke made the stuffing explode all over the inside of the poppety-ping, much to my irritation.

Must post less, I'm already up to 5 per day.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2018, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Must post less, I'm already up to 5 per day.
            You've got a long way to go to catch up with the legend that is zeity. You should look up some of his work - I think you'd have liked him

Comment

Finally got my damn stuff working

It's too late to start cooking dinner now, so the beef will have to be roasted tomorrow instead. I'm off to the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It's too late to start cooking dinner now, so the beef will have to be roasted tomorrow instead. I'm off to the Chinese
                And very nice it was

Comment

I managed to boil the spuds dry this evening.

Which was a first.

After scraping the black bits off they were (reasonably) ok.

Comment

Just started binge watching The Bridge (Swedish/Danish crime drama). Quite funny in places.

Now TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Just started binge watching The Bridge (Swedish/Danish crime drama). Quite funny in places.

Now TFBSZ
                      Brilliant stuff! Series four has already aired in Scandinavia, so should be coming to the UK some time this year

Comment

Working...
                      X