• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

The Parasol website (myparasol.co.uk) seems to have disappeared this morning and their phone numbers don't ring through.

The websites for Nixon Williams and ClearSky accounting that I think are linked seem to respond still but none of their phone numbers work either.

Is anyone else on here with them or know what is going on?

I am with Parasol too and just noticed the same issue so came on here to see if anyone else knew what was going on...lol.

Comment

Not long after posting this I got a reply on linkedin from them saying they are having IT issues today and hope to be back up this afternoon. But it is worrying having been burnt by a similar company folding many years ago.

Comment

all firms within the same group as these seem to suffer regular communications issues of some description or other at some point and some with greater regularity than others.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

I do wonder about firms that connect windows boxes directly to the internet without even a CDN in front of them. This isn't exactly rocket science nowadays.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I do wonder about firms that connect windows boxes directly to the internet without even a CDN in front of them. This isn't exactly rocket science nowadays.
            Windows server direct to internet, you say?
            Yep, that will be the answer then! they may well have been the victim of a cyberattack!
            Seems to have happened to a few brolly firms recently!
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Windows server direct to internet, you say?
              Yep, that will be the answer then! they may well have been the victim of a cyberattack!
              Seems to have happened to a few brolly firms recently!
              Great

Comment

Originally posted by biggles11 View Post

Great
                Better cover things here - I'm not 100% sure it's a windows server connected to the internet but I've never seen .aspx extensions on any linux servers (even those that run .net core) so it screams windows to me.

As I said before this stuff isn't difficult you give cloudflare a few quid and they will put protection on the front end and hide where you server actually is.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Still down today. They say their payment systems, phones etc are all down too.

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
                    Still down today. They say their payment systems, phones etc are all down too.
                    I'm guessing another ransomware attack.

Comment

Working...
                    X