• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unified Payroll: Payment £6.5k withheld (Hacking apparently!!!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pavanski View Post

I know it might sound a bit premature...but is it worth lodging something with the employment Tribunal fairly quickly? Just as a precaution at least?
    Given a limited pot of money - getting in early would be a very sensible idea...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Given a limited pot of money - getting in early would be a very sensible idea...
      Thank you. Really appreciate the tip. I actually went to look at gov.uk. I'd best get started then.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I went to the Employment Tribunal website and it says I have to go first to ACAS. I guess I'll start there, unless you have any other insights? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Pavanski View Post

I went to the Employment Tribunal website and it says I have to go first to ACAS. I guess I'll start there, unless you have any other insights? Thanks again
          Speak to a solicitor - the first call should be free.

Comment

I would have thought any company handling such large sums on money would have insurance in place for these things. Since this has just happened, clearly it will take a few days ( if not weeks) for them to come up with a plan to reimburse their employees.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Story in Computer Weekly (Junk email required to reach the full article)
              As a complete aside, you can often bypass this kind of thing by adding a period/full stop after the domain name part of the URL, i.e. after "com" in this case:
              https://www.computerweekly.com./news...ed-data-breach

Something to do with not blocking search engines or summat, it works on quite a lot of sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

As a complete aside, you can often bypass this kind of thing by adding a period/full stop after the domain name part of the URL, i.e. after "com" in this case:
                https://www.computerweekly.com./news...ed-data-breach

Something to do with not blocking search engines or summat, it works on quite a lot of sites.
                Doesn't work for me.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Doesn't work for me.
                  Yep - easiest way to get past a Javascript enforced paywall is via the Bypass Paywalls browser extension.

bypass-paywalls-chrome/README.md at master · iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome · GitHub

And given that they are using browser side Javascript to restrict access I have zero qualms in using it to bypass stupidity.

Comment

A sad update.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbr...iquidator.html
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Oh no! Thank you for sharing this. I have been chasing them and so on. Does this mean I don't get my money back? Grateful for Any ideas or help regarding this? Thank you in advance!

Comment

Working...
                      X