• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Genuine but not FCSA Umbrella Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine but not FCSA Umbrella Companies

Please can anyone provide me a list of genuine but not 'FCSA Accredited' Umbrella companies?

I'm looking to pay NI and PAYE on my full earnings, so not looking for a dodgy Tax Efficient Umbrella. I'm too scared that the HMRC would come knocking later.

I'd like to compare with the cost of FCSA accredited umbrellas with a none accredited umbrellas. To be honest, I'm not bothered about FCSA accreditation as I will check my tax etc via the Government Gateway to ensure that the correct amounts have actually been paid. In addition FCSA accreditation appears to be a group of self-regulating umbrellas which charge a higher fee however the accreditation appears to have no actual legal standing.

You are correct about the FCSA. They wont see it that way but it's sure how it looks from our side. They tend to be the bigger ones as they can afford the 20 odd grand to buy the accreditation and there are some rules about how many clients they have on their books before they can apply.

Speak to Clarity Umbrella. Lucy runs it and formally ran Contractor Umbrella. She posts regularly on here and is well known to us all. I've used their services and would again.

Can't really help with any lists though. I'd not bother and go with Clarity to be fair.

Beware of the internet lists and compare type sites for obvious reasons.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks northernlad... I have looked on Clarity already, they have higher fees than the likes of Paystream and similar on their web site.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Monster View Post
        Thanks northernlad... I have looked on Clarity already, they have higher fees than the likes of Paystream and similar on their web site.
        Hi GT Monster, still happy to talk you through things if you want, sometimes it is better to have a conversation and make sure you are comfortable with the company you are looking to work with. The larger companies are able to reduce margins due to the thousands on their books, we like to remain competitive but make sure that each and every contractor we have is looked after on a more personal level.

Comment

Maybe so but I know I'd go to and would be value for money. Cost isn't everything.

What difference are you talking? A few 10's of pounds per month? You are gonna waste that waiting on the phone to a large org vs quicker response from a more personal service.

I'm guessing you are already aware as you looking to compare but cheap is most certainly not best.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Please can anyone provide me a list of genuine but not 'FCSA Accredited' Umbrella companies?

I'm looking to pay NI and PAYE on my full earnings, so not looking for a dodgy Tax Efficient Umbrella. I'm too scared that the HMRC would come knocking later.

I'd like to compare with the cost of FCSA accredited umbrellas with a none accredited umbrellas. To be honest, I'm not bothered about FCSA accreditation as I will check my tax etc via the Government Gateway to ensure that the correct amounts have actually been paid. In addition FCSA accreditation appears to be a group of self-regulating umbrellas which charge a higher fee however the accreditation appears to have no actual legal standing.
            Hello GT Monster, I'm aware that I am commenting nine months later and you've probably already found an umbrella company but I would recommend Ovations Umbrella. You should definitely contact them if you're still searching.

Comment

Originally posted by tabs1212 View Post

Hello GT Monster, I'm aware that I am commenting nine months later and you've probably already found an umbrella company but I would recommend Ovations Umbrella. You should definitely contact them if you're still searching.
              Well I’d watch them if I were you. They are only 18 months old and as of today are already late with their accounts.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/12462309

That's a big red flag right there. I’d find another umbrella if I were you.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I also read somewhere that their business development manager likes to spam IT forums.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I also read somewhere that their business development manager likes to spam IT forums.
                  Owner - I suspect they aren't big enough to have a business development manager.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    An outrageous slur. I'm sure that one-post n00bie is far more senior in their one-person management hierarchy.

Comment

Working...
                    X