• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Genuine but not FCSA Umbrella Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Nice catch. I doubt we'll be seeing tabs1212 again
    It's only because one of her colleagues decided to spam the forum today that this thread got bumped, and bored mods did a bit of digging.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I do hope that you've left this company - they are about to be struck off at Companies House.

OVATIONS UMBRELLA LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

The London Gazette entry here:
      11 Jan 2022 First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off
      This document is being processed and will be available in 10 days.
      Any money you've got in there will probably be lost.

And since they are Professional Passport accredited I would take that accreditation with a pinch of salt as well...
      Nice catch

This afternoon is now spent adding an crawler to use companies house's APIs...

Edit - it's worth saying that the date is currently 6 days hence, but that's because there is a lead time involved.
      Last edited by eek; 5 January 2022, 14:40.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Rest of this afternoon's entertainment.

A dodgy as f*** FCSA company (not one I had heard often so meh).
        Another FCSA one that is mentioned on here fairly often doing slightly dodgy things with pensions (slight upside is that it also slightly reduces a contractor's tax bill but there is a fee I can't reconcile)

So the other half of the Companies house stuff will wait til tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Rest of this afternoon's entertainment.

A dodgy as f*** FCSA company (not one I had heard often so meh).
          Another FCSA one that is mentioned on here fairly often doing slightly dodgy things with pensions (slight upside is that it also slightly reduces a contractor's tax bill but there is a fee I can't reconcile)

So the other half of the Companies house stuff will wait til tomorrow.
          Found what the fee is - nice side-effect is a 22% increase in umbrella margin (looking at the advert on this page it would be a 56% increase if they used such a technique) that should be going to HMRC...

Shall we just say that the backend suppliers have interesting ways of dealing with what is a very complex issue.
          Last edited by eek; 6 January 2022, 12:27.

Comment

And since today is the 11th Jan, the first notice for the compulsory strike off of Ovations Umbrella Ltd has taken place.

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They've actually submitted their accounts - and they don't make pleasant reading.

Is that a £25,000 loan I see hidden within it - I suspect it is.
              Last edited by eek; 11 January 2022, 20:12.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                They've actually submitted their accounts - and they don't make pleasant reading.

Is that a £25,000 loan I see hidden within it - I suspect it is.
                Oh yes, so there is! 'Amounts falling due after one year' - so a Director's Loan and they've not repaid it.

In fact they're £7k in the red, so I can't see them factoring contractor's pay.

(And these account had to be lodged whilst kicking and screaming...)

I look forward to seeing their 21-22 accounts in April...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X